PDA

View Full Version : Sash buckle and things.

OxShoeDrew
11-06-2011, 08:52 AM
After trying old parks of late it's back to cellar hole basics. I've come to the realization that I like the solitude of woods hunting vs the parks.
I found the two IHs on the hunted out lip. I'm finally getting a better understanding on how to navigate in that area.
The suspender clip is a Charles Guyot from turn of the century.
The button is a Festus Hayden 1853-1880 Waterbury. I found that last week.

ID questions,
Anyone know about the spoon? I've found three of the exact same kind, from colonial to 20th cent holes.
Also, anyone know a time frame for the sash buckle? I thought turn of the century when I saw it.
The star looks like a State of CT uniform piece?
Thank you! Great weather headed in!

angellionel
11-06-2011, 02:53 PM
I know exactly what you mean about the solitude. I too enjoy detecting in the woods. It makes for a pleasant time out even when not much is found. :yes: You did nicely though. thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-06-2011, 08:25 PM
the spoon bowl looks early 1800's.cool button! i use a fine brass bristled brush and warm soapy water to clean my buttons.works well for the most part. the buckle is probably victorian. nice hunt! :groovy:

Cheap Thrills
11-07-2011, 12:03 AM
That's a great hunt and you did a great job on the photos of your finds :perfect10: :cool: .Solitude is wonderful when you're hunting .It's very rare to find solitude in my neck of the woods. crying01

randy
11-07-2011, 05:47 AM
Don't know about the spoon, but love the IH's

del
11-07-2011, 03:06 PM
hey Drew , spoons can be a harder item to get good i.d's on especially if theres no makers mark so you have to go by composition , shape or style , motif designs or any monograms or etching and the way it was constructed .

i've seen some early sash buckles they were a popular item from midevil times to about the 1920's and like spoons are difficult to narrow down an age . yours is a nice decorated one |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
11-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Thank you all for your comments. |:confused:)
Snow is gone for a while...we got a few more weeks....make 'em count! :cheering: