PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Gets Silver!

Bell-Two
11-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Taking advantage of a beautiful day Doug, Diane and I went out to do some door knocking. The first house we stopped at we got permission. Doug started out the day by digging an 1828 Large Cent a great start to a day of firsts. He then got an Illinois 1 1/2 cent tax token. I then thought that I got a Large Cent myself but the target was a Boy Scout Excelsior shoe company token. I then dug a large aluminum disc with the Seal of the State of Ohio on it and the words tested and sealed on it. I followed up with some wheaties and a crotal bell. Diane dug a metal clothes pin. A couple more wheats rounded up my finds there. We then moved on and got permission at another house. I started the finds with a 1920 Merc and within moments Doug got his own Merc. Diane got wheat and Doug then hit an Indian Head. I then got a deep nickel signal and at about 6 I found a first for me an 1899 V Nickel. Doug was getting wheaties and more Indians he ended up with 4 in total. Then Diane made a first for her, she got her first silver with her E-Trac and not just any silver it is a beautiful 1930 Standing Liberty Quarter. A bit later she got her first ever crotal bell. So another good day of door knocking.

Hunting With Bell-Two #71 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE6Bl3m4Wuc#ws)

angellionel
11-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Those are some very nice digs. I love the Standing liberty quarter. They sure do make for an exciting find. :yes:

Cheap Thrills
11-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Nice hunting Lady and Gents off the Bell Two Crew . :wow: :perfect10: |:cheering:

Epi-hunter
11-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Great finds!!! Love the silver :perfect10:

I have found several of those IL tax tokens as well.

Very productive hunts! |:cheering:

milco
11-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Great finds all around! The SLQ is just a beauty!

Tony Two-Cent
11-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Kitty cat wanted that Mercury Dime! lol

Great finds and great video! That SLQ is incredible! :clapping:

bob_e99
11-06-2011, 06:52 PM
That is some really nice hunting!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Knocking on doors really seems to work for you. I've asked several people that I KNOW and so far, only one has said yes. :-\
I wonder if it's a regional issue?

In any case, congrats on some really nice finds.

Bell-Two
11-06-2011, 10:54 PM
That is some really nice hunting!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Knocking on doors really seems to work for you. I've asked several people that I KNOW and so far, only one has said yes. :-\
I wonder if it's a regional issue?

In any case, congrats on some really nice finds.

That is a good question, we seem to have better success with the farm houses that are not too close to a bigger city. We like to get out in the boonies where people seem to be more open to being asked.

randy
11-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Congrats on some fine hunting. Love the SLQ :smitten: especially.

CODY
11-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Great finds. Congrats.

DennisH
11-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Man that's alot of great loot!!!!!! Wtg!!!

aloldstuff
11-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Door knocking is the way to go. Beautiful SLQ. Some great finds and glad to see everybody got something.