PDA

View Full Version : BACK TO MY VERY 1ST CELLAR HOLE * FOLDED COPPER & A SADDLE SHIELD

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-06-2011, 08:28 PM
was bored today and not many places to choose from.I decided to go back to my very 1st cellar hole.It was where I dug my very 1st cellar hole coppers.draped bust,King George II & a matron head.I have brought Dan,George & Jessie to this site and all pretty much scored coppers here,,, well..... let me rephrase that... all the guys using White's machine's have scored coppers at this site.I won't mention the e-trac users name rofl
This cellar hole has been hit hard by some seasoned pro's and things were pretty quiet for the most part.I was kickin branches and rolling rotted trees. I was diggin anything that slightly beeped iron and all. 4 hours and going slow I managed a bent over wiped out large copper(Connecitut copper underneath is for size comparison) makes ya wonder who did this & why?
a nice saddle shield.a small cuff button with an acorn motiff and a designed oval drawer hardware? or is it a saddle guide plate? I have dug numerous of these at colonial sites and only one had the 2nd piece.that piece is similiar in shape to the back piece of a bridle rosette.so it could be some sort of strap guide. and a few pieces of old lead.
ticks are still out like crazy so please continue to be careful. for the record if ya hold your bic lighter to em while on pant leg they pop like popcorn! :grin:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-06-2011, 08:30 PM
more pics

Cheap Thrills
11-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Nice going on your finds .It's great when you can go back to a pounded site and pull something else up . Your photo's never cease to amaze me . :perfect10: :cool:

aloldstuff
11-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Yeah, who would bend a copper like that? Nice finds, going back to your very 1st cellar hole must bring back memories.

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-11-2011, 06:42 AM
Yeah, who would bend a copper like that? Nice finds, going back to your very 1st cellar hole must bring back memories.

thanks! it sure does.Dan came down and i took him to this site my 1st cellar hole hunt.he was poppin coppers and i was gettin bummed,then i finally hit one! a 1801 draped bust |:cheering:

Toadman
11-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Love the shield ! Yup I go back to the old sites from time to time also.. :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: