PDA

View Full Version : detector cover

del
02-05-2010, 06:01 AM
i was told to show off my new two piece cover for my DFX i got a little over a month ago. i have to say this cover is really really well made of Dupont water resistant army grade cordura material. very tough and i would highly recommend it if you want to save your machine from the elements , dust or if your the type to go into the thick under growth of the woods ect. i've only had mine for around a month and it is one hardy product . if anyone is interested in getting more info on them as this company makes them for a few different detectors ( whites, minelabs, and a few others as well ) let me know . i don't have any stock with the company i just think that they make a quality product is all.

Dan

Ill Digger
02-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Yeah I'll bite. I'm interested. Looks like just what I'm looking for.

coinnut
02-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Yep, I've seen it and it looks like a better, more durable cover. Tighter fitting too. Where we hunt, you need every extra protection for your gear, that you can get :yes: Not much more costly than other covers.

sectshun8
02-06-2010, 05:20 AM
That's as good a cover as any... and those canvas like material surely is more rugged that that windbreaker material most of them are made out of :yes:

SpringTxDigger
02-06-2010, 07:20 AM
Ok tell us where to get them.

Thanks!

sectshun8
02-06-2010, 07:58 AM
Ok tell us where to get them.

Thanks!

They are sold by a small UK company called Thesaurus Accessories. They have an eBay store HERE (http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/thesaurusdetecting/), but I think that's about. Some dealers might carry a few of them for different machines as well.

del
02-07-2010, 06:38 AM
They are sold by a small UK company called Thesaurus Accessories. They have an eBay store HERE (http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/thesaurusdetecting/), but I think that's about. Some dealers might carry a few of them for different machines as well.

yup Jimmy thats correct they usually only put the ad in the U.K. ebay and list just a few limited numbered covers available at a time and then post another ad a few days later . thanks for the link buddy. thumbsup01

Dan

tanacat
02-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Ah, lots nicer lookin' than my ziplock bag... lol

sjv
09-23-2010, 07:13 PM
How's the plastic window? Mine gets smudgy and and hard to see through after having it awhile.I guess it's from condensation getting in on the other side of the plastic. Is this one pretty air tight?

tanacat
09-24-2010, 11:00 AM

Thanks I think I'll invest in these. If it starts drizzling when I'm hunting I don't like to stop :) Sometimes forget to keep the baggies stocked in the car....

wingmaster
01-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Yep there nice have a set for my MXT they have a waterproof looking material on the inside and very thin layer of what looks to be padding in the middle with the heavy nylon shell on the outside. I heard they are handmade and they fit like a glove, they are real nice to keep the dirt out and if you have a MXT or M6 they will keep the limbs and saplings from turning knobs and flipping switches while hunting in the woods. You can order them from detecnicks in the UK if shipping to the US you will need to E-mail them for the price and pay with paypal just have them send the invoice when you have the funds in the account. If your like me and don't want to link your checking account to paypal you can buy a moneypak card from walmart and other places I think to fund the paypal account.

Jeff (or)
01-16-2011, 05:05 PM
They look like they will take a lot of abuse. :interesting:

Bell-Two
01-17-2011, 12:05 AM
If your looking for an E-Trac cover check out the Sunray cover I have one and it is very nice, fits well and quite rugged

MrJeep
01-18-2011, 08:41 AM
I found a nice cover for my XLT in ebay, made in the states. Made for other makes and models also. It's a 3 piece set, box, display and even the hand grip. Fits and looks good and made of digital pattern camo cordura. I like it for the 21.95 shipping included. I am in no way affiliated with this product, just trying to share the info.

Gene

del
01-18-2011, 01:39 PM
hey Gene , thanks for showing it . :beerbuddy: how does the cover fit on the box part can you add a couple more pictures of the bottom and any straps or drawstrings .

Dan

MrJeep
01-18-2011, 05:50 PM
hey Gene , thanks for showing it . :beerbuddy: how does the cover fit on the box part can you add a couple more pictures of the bottom and any straps or drawstrings .

Dan

Hi Dan, sorry I don't have anymore pic's right now, however I can take/post additional later. The cover has two reinforced slits that each side of the arm cuff fits through. The top of the cover has velcro that runs the length of the box, there is a hole for the headphone wire with a flap and velcro closure. The front of the box closes around the coil wire with velcro also. When I ordered the cover I had to specify it was for the MXT or DFX, I got the one for the DFX because the box is the same as the XLT-no knobs. Hope this helps.

Gene

Napa Steve
03-08-2011, 11:21 PM
I just got mine today, boy shes a beauty and really does fit like a glove, this baby is durable

little man
03-10-2011, 10:42 AM
we got two days ago for the V3i and the MXT Pro they are SWEEET now if they make one for the TDI Pro we be set

xasp61
03-16-2011, 07:10 AM
If any of you guys looking for Thesaurus covers, shoot me a PM...

Thanks
Xasp61/Jon

russellt
04-09-2011, 06:29 PM
the dfxinator rofl

wingmaster
08-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Wow went to the website of the name on the covers and they have a link to the detecting website where my post got deleted for saying where to buy them. Then I reposted without mention of where to buy them or even the name of the covers, just the pics of them and they deleted that post with only the pics of them and ask me to leave the forum which I gladly did.

del
08-01-2011, 06:11 PM
thesaurus has a website :huh: is that what your talking about Wingmaster??

coinnut
08-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Wow went to the website of the name on the covers and they have a link to the detecting website where my post got deleted for saying where to buy them. Then I reposted without mention of where to buy them or even the name of the covers, just the pics of them and they deleted that post with only the pics of them and ask me to leave the forum which I gladly did.

Is that Findmall or some place else?? :dontknow: I don't know what you did, but they didn't like it lol

wingmaster
08-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Yep Thesaurus has a website I don't think they sell them from there though, and yep thats the detecting website I was ask to leave for trying to sell something I wasn't anyway. I was just trying to help others out by letting them know about the covers and where to get them. If you go to the feedback section on page 18 at findmall you will see it called deleted post by wingmaster, they asked me to leave and gladly did.

Dixie Rebel
08-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Now Wingmaster don't go running off like that again. You know this is the best site on the net. thumbsup01

The Rebel
10-23-2013, 08:59 AM
Hey Guys.

Old post, I know but any new news about them? Looking to get 1 for my V3i.

del
10-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Roger they still do post their products on EBAY or Ebay UK but its hit or miss they will have your type of detector cover up on there . you can either try to contact them personally here http://www.thesaurusdetecting.co.uk/what_do_we_do_and_how_do_we_do_it.html
or purchase one from this dealer as he seems to be one of the very few who regularly orders them from Thesaurus
http://www.detecnicks.co.uk/thesaurus-detecting.htm

there is also a decent American maker of covers too , they seem to be pretty well made with similar materials and craftmenship.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Whites-V3-V3I-Metal-Detector-RAIN-DUST-COVER-USA-MADE-/111056607621?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1 9db7d5985#ht_2688wt_884

ihope you get one soon they are a great investment and save your machine from dust , dirt , rain and abuse the woods can give .

Dan

The Rebel
10-24-2013, 07:41 AM
Thanks Dan! :beerbuddy: I found the same company BTD Custom Covers LLC, over on Amazon.

I like the idea of the Digital ACU Camo as black might attract to much heat from the sun.

I've never used ebay but below is what they had to say about their product over on Amazon:

We fill all orders in black unless otherwise requested. Current color choices are the digital ACU camo, woodland camo that is the traditional old school camo, coyote brown it is tan, foliage green it is almost silvery/gray with a green hue like the underside if a tree leaf and Realtree AP But that is a thinner 500
denier material. And black.

If you place an order just send another message with your actual color choice as soon as you order. We make all covers to order, current lead time is 24 hours.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

John Emerson
BTD Custom Covers LLC

ToddB
12-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Made this for my m6 so that35675 I could get to the knobs and battery pack easily and made the cut out bigger for when i get another mxt pro

jeremi mann
01-15-2014, 12:27 AM
just bought mine great set of covers..

southpaw
01-12-2017, 01:26 AM
I slide a menards bag on mine, and a quart freezer bag over my screen :)