PDA

View Full Version : 6 hours at an old Connecticut farm field

mdakin
11-06-2011, 10:46 PM
These finds are from a couple weeks ago, thanks to a member of my detecting club who secured permission to detect an old farm field in a VERY old town in Connecticut. A lot of cool things found that day by myself and others.

My copper total was 2.5! Never thought I'd be saying that. One roasted large copper, a squared US Large Cent, and then 1/2 of a large copper. A motley crew of old copper if there ever was.

As far as the 1/2 of the large copper, I can make out what I believe are the letters BRITA in my pics, thus I'm assuming it is some sort of Brittish half penny. When I orient the BRITA as it should be if I were looking at the coins obverse normally, I can see the line where under it should be a date. Unfortunatey I can't make anything out. The reverse I can see the back park of a head, so it is right facing, but I can't see GEORGIUS or William etc. Any thoughts?

I'm also curious about the tag from 1961, the one with INLAND written on it. Is that some sort of inland hunting license? Has anyone seen one before?

Lastly, the token with the number 3 on it is bugging me because most luggage tags I've seen are stamped almost like a type writer. This one looks cursive. Is it something else?

Thanks for looking and for the feedback.

Cheap Thrills
11-06-2011, 11:05 PM
:wow:Great finds and photo's .Hopefully you can go back there and hunt again . |:cheering: :cool:

randy
11-07-2011, 05:53 AM
That's a fine collection of old coins and relics. I found an LC cut into the shape of an octagon once. I have no idea why they do that :crazy:

Shipwreck
11-07-2011, 06:14 AM
thumbsup01 6Hrs my back hurts just by the #6, Wtg congratulations good job you clean up. |:cheering:

milco
11-07-2011, 07:33 AM
Great finds! Sounds like a great spot. Sorry, can't help with any of your ID's, but those are some cool finds.

aloldstuff
11-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Sounds like a great hunting site. Congrats on 2 1/2 coppers.

anotherpulltap
11-07-2011, 10:03 PM
:wow: great relic. Thank you for sharing :->

dave in iowa
11-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Great finds

CODY
11-07-2011, 11:18 PM
thumbsup01 Thats some pretty cool finds.

Ill Digger
11-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Man you found all kindsa cool stuff!
LC's, old keys, and buttons !
A very well rounded hunt!!
Congrats ! :grin:

8/ Hey wait a minute! :confused:
No clad? :dontknow: lol

fsa46
11-08-2011, 05:51 AM
A rewarding day in the fields, WTG. thumbsup01

Sal66
11-08-2011, 09:41 AM
:wow: Yeah you hsve some strange finds. You don't have to say the town, but were you near the shore? I wonder if the inland tag has some marine significance? Maybe a Boating tag? The 3 disk os odd also. If it was a button I would be thinking military, but it's not a button. There seems like there was alot of salt or fertilizer in the ground also. Anyways, I hope someone can help you out.