PDA

View Full Version : Good Deed Brings Good Karma!

Bell-Two
11-07-2011, 11:18 PM
This morning Diane and I went out to help a young couple find a missing wedding band, it belonged to her mother and she was heart sick that she lost it and she hadn't told her mother yet that she had lost it. After about a hour of hunting we found it under a bush, Diane used the Garrett Pro Pointer and to get deep under the bush and sure enough that is where it was! Well our good deed resulted in some good karma for us for we stopped at a farmhouse and got permission. Diane found a small chalice type of cup that had engraving on it. I was finding multiple clad coin spills then Diane opened the silver door with a nice 1936-D Merc. I then found a 1936 wheat and then for awhile it got quiet. About 20 minutes later Diane came over to me and said I am not sure what this is. She later confessed to me she had a suspicion but did not want to appear silly if it wasn't what she thought. I looked at it and said Girl you just dug your first Large Cent! You should have seen her smile. It is in fair condition and is dated 1830. Feeling the pressure to produce I got a 06-47 signal and at 5 or so underneath two crossing maple tree roots a 1943 Walking Liberty half emerged! It is amazing that I did not scratch it considering how tough it was to get out.

Hunting With Bell-Two #72 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9zqEdriVsw#ws)

CODY
11-07-2011, 11:20 PM
WOW! Thats about all I can say! :perfect10:

Ill Digger
11-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Good deed ✔
New spot to hunt! ✔
Diane's first Large Cent!! ✔
Tony's big shiney hunk of Walking silver! ✔

Yep :yes: It sounds like you covered all the basis for one outstanding day of metal detecting!! :yes: <:
Way to go guys!
Nice finds!
Congrats !! :grin:
Special BIG CONGRATS on LC #1 <:

Viking
11-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Those finds had it all! Cool relics, an old copper, some standard silver, and a BIG silver! Hopefully you have some of that good karma left over for some more awesome finds. Way to go! :perfect10:

randy
11-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Beautiful finds, and love that chalice :smitten:

aloldstuff
11-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Love reading posts of returned Karma. Great that you were able to recover the wedding ring. Even nicer that you got the big silver and a nice LC. Great hunting and thanks for posting this story.

JTGOLD
11-08-2011, 11:08 AM
nice video and great hunt,wtg.

Fire Fighter 43
11-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Very nice relics and coins. Congrats on a fantastic hunt, you have to love karma.