PDA

View Full Version : Problems posting

bob_e99
11-08-2011, 11:40 AM
The last several days I have been having issues posting replies. I can post some but then I get a server not available error message.
Since no one else has posted a similar issue I will assume it must be on my end. Any thoughts on browser settings I may have to change? This has not happened before so I don't know what might have changed.

Thanks.

jkress
11-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Sorry to hear you are having posting issues. Since you have received 'server not available error' message, I doubt the issue
is on your end. There have been a few residual issues since switching to new servers.
I'll bring it to Angie's attention.
Thanks for reporting the issue. thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
11-08-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm sorry you are having problems :(

If anyone else is having this problem, can you please let me know? I haven't been able to find anyone who has. The server hasn't been down or having problems for the past several days, so I am puzzled. Next time it happens, could you send me a screen shot or else tell me the exact text of the error message that you receive?

Thank you!

bob_e99
11-09-2011, 07:28 AM
I have posted several replies this morning without it happening. I apologize for not sending a screen shot of the screen especially since being a former IT person I know how helpful they can be. If it happens again I will send it.

Thank you both for the feedback.

bob_e99
11-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Here is the server error that I have received and my sincerest apologies for not getting the context of the message correct when I originally reported it. I was replying to the latest post in the Share your coin ... thread.

bob_e99
11-11-2011, 08:15 AM
FYI. Same error this morning at 8:13 AM.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Epi-hunter
11-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Okay, I will check into it. I am not sure if that is on your end or something to do with this server. I'm sorry you are having this trouble!

bob_e99
11-11-2011, 09:09 AM
Thank you, EH. Please let me know if the problem is not found on your end so I can further check my system. Fortunately the problem is random and only becomes a real problem if I create a long post and it gets lost. I've gotten into the habit of keeping a copy on my system so I can easily re-copy it.

And onle last question. Should I have PM this problem to someone rather than create a thread?

Thank you.

Epi-hunter
11-11-2011, 09:49 AM
And onle last question. Should I have PM this problem to someone rather than create a thread?

Either way is great, although having the thread gives others who might be having the same problem an opportunity to say so as well and that is helpful. :yes:

bob_e99
11-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Just FYI. I got the message again twice late yesterday afternoon and again twice this morning and I am on a completely different computer although at the same location. It makes me wonder if it's a provider issue.

Thanks.

Epi-hunter
11-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Thank you, and I am sorry you are continuing to have this problem. I just sent you a PM with some information.