PDA

View Full Version : Selling gold

Fire Fighter 43
11-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Where do you sell your gold finds? I'm wonder where to get the best price for scrap gold.

randy
11-09-2011, 06:13 PM
ARA IMHO
http://www.aragold.com/

98% on gold, 90% on silver, IIRC. Every check has come back as expected, and I'm meticulous with numbers and this sort of thing. Another popular refinery has came back light IMHO, so I switched, and no worries so far.

Sal66
11-09-2011, 10:28 PM
WOW That is a good deal!! What about the gold content, how does that work if you have say 12k, 14k and 18k mixed together. Do you get less for the 12k or 14k? Same for Silver. 90% or .999 % silver. I heard from an expert on TV that he predicts gold will go as high as $2000 - $2400 per oz. in the future unless the Apocolypse doesn't come true. What do you guys think of that prediction??

Epi-hunter
11-09-2011, 10:39 PM
WOW That is a good deal!! What about the gold content, how does that work if you have say 12k, 14k and 18k mixed together. Do you get less for the 12k or 14k? Same for Silver. 90% or .999 % silver. I heard from an expert on TV that he predicts gold will go as high as $2000 - $2400 per oz. in the future unless the Apocolypse doesn't come true. What do you guys think of that prediction??

Yes, you have to multiply the factor percentage of gold or silver content to get the total amount.

I am considering buying scrap gold and silver for investment purposes, and will pay better than any company.

midas
11-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Heads Up -

ARA now only deals with commercial businesses because of the Patriot Act.
They do NOT deal with the public anymore!

Q. Does American Recycling deal directly with the public?
A. No. You must have a tax and/or EIN number.

RaZR
11-25-2011, 04:08 PM
http://www.midwestrefineries.com/

They say metal detectorists. And that's us! There are no hidden fees here either.
Take a look.

Beefcake
11-25-2011, 09:20 PM
My mom just got hosed this last week by a travelling treasure show that buys up gold and silver... I could have choked her... She sold 5 gold rings (one heavy antique 14k, and a class ring). They offered her $75 for all... she talked them up to $125!!! I was IRRATE!!!! They totally took advantage of an old confused woman! I told her I've been dealing with gold and silver for the last 5 years...What were you thinking!!! She found a few odds and ends that she had left and brought them to me and I weighed them up for her... less than half of what she had and it has a melt value of $366! I wish I had the funds to sit in front of these places and tell the people I'll give you 25% higher than anything they offer you inside! I just hate that people are being taken advantage of... Another trick they always use is that they will never tell you the grams or ounces weight... it's always pennyweight, which no one knows how to convert. Definately go with ARA at 98% or with Midwest Refineries at 95%. Use the gold calculator from this site www.dendritics.com/scales/metal-calc.asp (http://www.dendritics.com/scales/metal-calc.asp) to get a good idea of what you will get. Don't forget to take the total that is given as the melt value and multiply it by .95. ARA will also frost the stones to let you know if they are fake or not and will send you back your diamonds.