PDA

View Full Version : New etrac user need help

Spike
02-05-2010, 11:05 PM
I was hunting in a spot that I hunted with my dfx and had a decent threshold but i had trouble with my etrac threshold would go blank alot more? Any reason that would be worse on the etrac? :confused:

Epi-hunter
02-06-2010, 01:05 AM
Hi Spike and welcome to the forum! Need more information. What settings are you using, what type of detecting area, etc. My first guess is that you need to slow your swing speed way down. Hang in there; it's a great detector! :)

Spike
02-06-2010, 09:29 AM
I was in factory coin with deep mode on . I hear that the etrac is better in bad ground with iron than my dfx is that true. The ground is half frozen and half mud mabe thats the problem.

coinnut
02-06-2010, 04:03 PM
I was in factory coin with deep mode on . I hear that the etrac is better in bad ground with iron than my dfx is that true. The ground is half frozen and half mud mabe thats the problem.

Hey Spike, first welcome aboard :yes: The E trac is a great machine but it is completely different from the DFX. I have both machines and both are excellent machines. As far as it beinfg better than the dfx?? Well I guess that depends on the user and their understanding with the machine they are using. I have seen the E Trac kill the DFX at some sites, but I have seen the opposite as well. Generally, for me, the E Trac handles EMI much better, and detects objects while it is nulling! That is very important. The nulling you hear is probably iron or any other metal that you have discriminated out. It only nulls when it is over a rejected target. The drawback is that you have to swing SLOW!!! This gets to your shoulder after a while lol Don't swing the E Trac fast unless the area is large and mostly clean of targets. Then you can swing a bit faster, but not like the DFX. I hunt with only the 3 bottom bars discriminated out...that's all. If you are going to do a lot of farms and houses, try ferrous sounds with 2 tones. This will make most iron grunt low and all other targets have a high pitch. As for the frozen ground... it makes no difference at all. I hunt all winter long. Hope this helps.

MT
02-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Spike...The E-Trac doesn't have any ground balance control. It's all done magically (digitally) The ground alone, if mineralized can cause the threshold to go away.
Don't bother with that, just go slow and find the goodies.
HH,
MT

coinnut
02-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Spike...The E-Trac doesn't have any ground balance control. It's all done magically (digitally) The ground alone, if mineralized can cause the threshold to go away.
Don't bother with that, just go slow and find the goodies.
HH,
MT

Ya, I love that magic lol I think someone said that the E Trac sends out 3 sets of multiple frequencies, In other words they group multiple frequencies together and send them out all at once. There is a fourth signal that goes out, that tracks the ground and then internally adjusts the machine . The Noise cancel we perform, is just to pick the best channel for all the external noise (EMI) or any other interference that is around and does not have anything to do with the ground readings.