PDA

View Full Version : Old park revisited - Again

bob_e99
11-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Metal detecting is strange. I only had time for a three hour hunt today and decided that I would hit that old park again as folks in my other post suggested (not that I needed much suggesting). I think I found almost as much in three hours and I did in the hunt that was over twice as long (minus one merc).

In any case, I pulled up:
11 quarters, 7 dimes - including two more mercuries, 1 nickel - finally can identify the tone, 14 pennies - including one beat up wheat.

:cheering: :cheering: Never gets tiring doing that happy dance.

I may have detected this park a bit too much of late as people are starting to really notice me and two seperate detectorists stopped to chat and tell me that I inspired them to go get their detectors and come hunting. Neither one of them came back and I was (sorry to say) a bit pleased to have the site to myself for a bit longer.

Also, I've mentioned this before but it is such a rush to see a silver coin pop out of really black soil. It just stands out and you know you have a prize.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

skribnodsister
11-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Nice finds-thats alot of digging :shocked03: Congrats on the mercs :peace:

PL8MAN
11-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Very nice finds !

Epi-hunter
11-09-2011, 10:30 PM
I think I found almost as much in three hours and I did in the hunt that was over twice as long (minus one merc).

:happydance01: You are becoming one with that machine, congrats! |:cheering:

I may have detected this park a bit too much of late as people are starting to really notice me and two seperate detectorists stopped to chat and tell me that I inspired them to go get their detectors and come hunting.

Yeah, that's not a happy initiative 8/ lol but it sounds like they gave up and you can reap the benefits :yes:

Also, I've mentioned this before but it is such a rush to see a silver coin pop out of really black soil. It just stands out and you know you have a prize.

There are no words for how it feels to see the silver coming out of the soil. It is what keeps us going.... congrats to you on another great hunt :)

aloldstuff
11-10-2011, 08:52 AM
I think your son needs to look out next year. Congrats on getting 2 more merc's and the lone wheat.

bob_e99
11-11-2011, 08:06 AM
:happydance01: You are becoming one with that machine, congrats! |:cheering:

Thank you, EH. I'm starting to get a really good feel for the e-trac but still have a ways to go to match the talents of many detectorists on this site. This park is being very good to me and I hope I can follow through in a different site.

I think your son needs to look out next year. Congrats on getting 2 more merc's and the lone wheat.

:grin: :grin: I don't know. He seems to turn it up a notch or two when we detect together; not that he slouches when he detects alone as you can tell from his posts.

Thanks to all for taking the time to comment and the very kind comments.

z118
11-12-2011, 09:57 PM

It's not a fair competition, he's retired and I'm stuck behind a desk all day! I suppose he's earned it though. lol

Great digs Dad!