PDA

View Full Version : Doorknocked today

Cheap Thrills
11-09-2011, 11:13 PM
For the first time in my metal detecting career I actually knocked on a strangers door and asked for permission to hunt the city owned curb strip in front of the house .A nice lady came to the door and when I asked her reply was sure honey go ahead .You could have knocked me over with a feather . I had just finished a spot where all I found was a Canadian Penny , a crusted zinc and what appears to be a smashed home made junk ring . I thanked her and got my gear and started hunting away .
This strip is just bare dirt and about 30'x4' and not even weeds on it and I have had my sights on it for some time . I finally got so silver-hungry I got the guts to ask . I went back and forth over it for about an hour and a half . My first hit was the 31S Merc at 4 . After digging a few good sounding pieces of junk I hit the 53S Rosie then a few more pieces of junk and my last target of the day the small tiny St. Cristophers medal at about 1 1/2 .Thanks for looking. :groovy:

CODY
11-10-2011, 03:00 AM
WTG, nothing like finding the silver. As I have said many times, All they can do is say no. Congrats on the finds.

CyberSage
11-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Nice hunt Sheik! Very nice Silvers. Those strips are a great place to find goodies. Now that you have the recipe for finding Silver, just think how many parkway strips are out there to hunt! Thanks for sharing your adventures.

Jack

aloldstuff
11-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Ask and you shall receive.....very nice that you got up the cumption to ask. And look what you found.....huge congrats.

RaZR
11-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Great finds for a small strip. Ain't ya glad ya asked?
I asked for permission to hunt an old farm house that is vacant. But the woman whose family it belonged to said no i don't think so. Her husband looked like he would have said O.K. but she's the boss. rofl

So now it's on to more strips and many more silvers for you! GL

mike l
11-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Amazing finds for a small piece of ground. It pays to ask permission :clapping:

bob_e99
11-11-2011, 08:19 AM
Big congrats on doorknocking and also for the silver. It sounds like a lot of potential sites will open up to you. |:cheering:

:clapping: :clapping: