PDA

View Full Version : Great hunt before work!!!

Snapolson
11-10-2011, 08:07 PM
I spent a half an hour before work and hunted at an old ball field near the LI Sound. I immediately came up with a great signal but it was mixed and all over the place. I dug and found a big old rusty piece of metal. I rechecked the hole and the high tone was still there. Dug a little more and out pops a 1944 Washington!! :wow: Then a few feet away I got another crazy signal which bounced all over with low numbers and high ones too. Flip the plug there, poke around on the side wall and out falls two coins stuck together, a wheatie and a 1957 silver Rosie!! :drool: I guess that counts as a baby coin spill. lol I finished up with another wheatie with a memorial and then it was time to go to work. I would have stayed there all day if I could that's for sure. I will definitely be heading back before the snow flies! Thanks for looking and Happy hunting to everyone!! :grin:

MD Hunt 11-16-11 (A Two SILVER day!!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuWWFkTkQ-w#ws)

PL8MAN
11-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Sweet finds thumbsup01

RaZR
11-10-2011, 08:27 PM
So does that make 4 silvers so far?
Nice finds from that ballfield. Hit it hard and cover it good since you got that silver quarter. There may be more that were missed. Or it got missed because someone was lazy and didn't dig because of the rusty metal.

GL/HH

Snapolson
11-10-2011, 08:35 PM
So does that make 4 silvers so far?
Nice finds from that ballfield. Hit it hard and cover it good since you got that silver quarter. There may be more that were missed. Or it got missed because someone was lazy and didn't dig because of the rusty metal.

GL/HH

Thanks RaZR! I feel that since I found these coins within a three foot radius, it tells me that nobody has touched the area before. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see how anyone would have missed them if the place was detected at all.

And yes my silver count is four!! It kind of stinks that I'm getting silvers at the end of the hunting season. 8/ Winter will be here soon and I probably won't be out when the ground is covered in snow. lol I just want to hunt all the time since finding the silver. But it will be spring before you know it. You folks in the year round nice weather have it made. HH.

RaZR
11-10-2011, 09:08 PM
There are people that hunt the woods in the winter here in Michigan. You can hunt because the snow isn't as deep in the trees. And the ground doesn't get as frozen under all the leaves and sticks. I'll be suffering soon from the snow that's gonna hit us. But i will try some woods hunting when i start getting stir crazy.

GL/HH

mike l
11-10-2011, 11:44 PM
Hey Snapolson are you hitting the sound from the Long Island or Conn. side? Nice silver Washington and baby coin spill lol. I work the Long Island side :beerbuddy:

aloldstuff
11-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Congrats on the silvers and wheats. Nice that you were able to distinguish the signals and dig them. |:cheering:

Snapolson
11-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Hey Snapolson are you hitting the sound from the Long Island or Conn. side? Nice silver Washington and baby coin spill lol. I work the Long Island side :beerbuddy:

Howdy Mike,

Yeah, I'm over on the CT side of the Sound. We should meet in the middle for a hunt sometime. lol

bob_e99
11-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Question is: How can you focus at work when you find some nice silver like that? I would be thinking about it all day lol

Congrats on the silver. :clapping: :clapping:

CODY
11-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Can't beat that! :perfect10: Two silvers in a short period of time. WTG!

Cheap Thrills
11-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Very ,very nice hunt !! You don't see many 1944 Washingtons around . :perfect10: |:cheering: :cool: