PDA

View Full Version : Very First Hunt With the E-Trac... Silver In The Hole!

CyberSage
11-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Well, I just couldn't wait for the weekend to try out my new E-Track. So, I headed out for a one hour hunt at lunch time. I just ran down to the local old park a few blocks from my house. I picked a spot that I knew had a lot of trash, and hopefully a little clad from the junior soccer games that were held there this last year. I wanted to hear all the sound I could from the E-Trac in hopes of familiarizing myself in short order. I guess I kind of jumped in the deep end of the pool so to speak. I have pulled many a good find from this park in the past with the MXT, DFX, and V3 detectors. I knew there was always a chance at old coins here, but my main goal was to just do a test run and try and get a feel for the new machine. I loaded up Angel's mode settings, and pattern, set my channel to 9, and started swinging. To my surprise it felt good. The sound was something I was not prepared for however. The best way I can describe it is if you were to combine and organ grinder with a Australian aborigines playing a diggerydoo. lol I soon started finding clad as my Whites trained ears became accustom to the strange sounds emanating from the alien composite device attached to my right arm.

Then 20 minutes into my first hunt with the E-Trac it happened...

The E-Trac locked hard on a target at 8 inches. 10-44 11-45 I knew I had something good.

MOV04787.MPG (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pUqTT2rNQk&feature=player_profilepage#)

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/CyberSageBH3300/DSC04785.jpg

This post probably belonged in the finds area of the forum, but I wanted to share it here. Thanks for all the advice , and help. I have a feeling I am going to like this machine.

Jack

Tony Two-Cent
11-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Silver with the E-Trac after only 20 minutes! That's awesome, Jack! I didn't find silver with mine until my second hunt. (Mine was also a Rosie.)

I have a feeling you're going to do very well with your new machine! thumbsup01

And thanks for sparing my feelings by NOT finding a seated liberty dime! lol

Epi-hunter
11-10-2011, 09:13 PM
The sound was something I was not prepared for however. The best way I can describe it is if you were to combine and organ grinder with a Australian aborigines playing a diggerydoo. lol

lol rofl

Twenty minutes on the new machine and you are finding deep silver. Not that I'm surprised, but fantastic! :perfect10: |:cheering:

rsarge1
11-10-2011, 09:55 PM
:omg: :wow: wtg looking forward to hear how the new machine works for you WTG

Bell-Two
11-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Congratulations Jack fantastic start right out of the box.....literaly and figuratively!

Cheap Thrills
11-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Nice going Jack , you took to it like a duck takes to water . :perfect10: |:cheering: :cool:

Ill Digger
11-12-2011, 12:11 AM
See!! :yes: thumbsup01 I told you you wouldn't like it! :poke: lol
And just wait. If you think that was fun. ;) Just wait till it's a quarter or a half :shocked04: :twirlingeyes: :barf: :drool: <: lol
Congrats on the first silver find with your new alien friend :grin: lol