PDA

View Full Version : What is the biggest factor for depth with the etrac

Spike
02-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Is there a setting that makes the difference or learning what the etrac is telling you?Got a friendly battle going on with a buddy who has a xlt and can use it well he has out done me and my dfx . If anyone can help with some programs for me to down load and try I mainly hunt old homesteads and parks. He needs a woopen put on him soon to deflate his head lol and hope the etrac can do that or :beatdown:

angellionel
02-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Is there a setting that makes the difference or learning what the etrac is telling you?Got a friendly battle going on with a buddy who has a xlt and can use it well he has out done me and my dfx . If anyone can help with some programs for me to down load and try I mainly hunt old homesteads and parks. He needs a woopen put on him soon to deflate his head lol and hope the etrac can do that or :beatdown:

Spike, take a look at this thread (http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=803.0) for some tips.

I would suggest you make use of the Auto Sensitivity with a setting of +3 to start. It works great at trashy sites. If you prefer to set it manually, then start with a sensitivity setting of 24 or 25.

Also, be sure to set Recovery Deep to ON, Recovery Fast to OFF (for now), and Trash Density to HIGH. The type of Tone and Tone ID Sounds will be more of a personal preference, so experiment with those settings to find one you like. Try setting the Volume Gain to 28 or 29. And slow down your sweeps!

I hope that helps!

Spike
02-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Thanks a lot for the info not new to detecting but new to the e-trac and never could get a grip on the dfx . I only hunted about 4 times in bad conditions but already like the potential. Thanks again for the help

coinnut
02-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Yep, Angel said it all lol If the multi tones get to you, then try ferrous 2 or 4 tones. Keep the rest like he said. thumbsup01

Rusthunter
02-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Spike, Glad to see you are getting help with the etrac. If you need me to print something for you let me know. BUT there is one thing to remember..... YOU CAN'T COMPETE WITH THE XLT! :tongue:

Jason in Enid
02-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Spike, Glad to see you are getting help with the etrac. If you need me to print something for you let me know. BUT there is one thing to remember..... YOU CAN'T COMPETE WITH THE XLT! :tongue:

AS an E-Trac user, he is correct. There is no competition with the XLT...... the E-Trac simply blows it away! :tongue:

coinnut
02-08-2010, 05:19 PM
AS an E-Trac user, he is correct. There is no competition with the XLT...... the E-Trac simply blows it away! :tongue:

Yep, what he said lol

Spike
02-08-2010, 09:12 PM
rofl rofl rofl :poke: :poke:Thanks for the help and backing me up !

Rusthunter
02-09-2010, 12:21 AM
Time shall tell I guess..... and if he does start out hunting me I will put bb's in his coil cover or unplug his coil from the control box. :angelic:

coinnut
02-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Time shall tell I guess..... and if he does start out hunting me I will put bb's in his coil cover or unplug his coil from the control box. :angelic:

That's the spirit lol :angelic: