PDA

View Full Version : 11-11-11 Trashy site hunt

Viking
11-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Hey all-

I hit an abandoned house/neighborhood site today that I found on a 1959 topo map. Nothing is left there, except tons, and tons of trash (this was a topic in the Minelab topics- thanks all for your help and suggestions). I used TTF because every inch of this large area is littered with iron trash that rings up at 33-44 to 47 (as well as broken glass, porcelain, and brick scattered everywhere).

Man, if I woke up today knowing that I'd lose my hearing at age 80 before this 7 hour hunt, I'm now going to lose my hearing at age 75 after the abuse my ear drums took today. The low thud of two tone ferrous was ever present. :white:usaflag:: :hairpulling: But, I did manage to find some keepers within the sea of trash. Best finds were 5 wheaties, some neat looking ornate brass pieces, and a Christian Dior sterling silver necktie clip. :happydance01:

The problem with this trash is that the bulk of it had numbers of 12-45 and higher! Talk about a lot of letdowns that turned out to be copper, brass, and aluminum fittings/hardware. I'm now at 31 wheat pennies in a row without a silver coin. To those of you that find them regularly, well done! |:confused:) They elude me like no other... :crying02:

Thanks for looking! HH!

[attachimg=1][attachimg=2][attachimg=3][attachimg=4]

Bell-Two
11-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Congatulations on the finds, to pull those good items out of such amount of trash emphasizes your detecting skills and perseverance. Congratulations!

CODY
11-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Some nice finds indeed. thumbsup01

aloldstuff
11-14-2011, 11:46 AM
I'M GONNA SPEAK VERY LOUDLY NOW, CONGRATS ON THE WHEATS AND THE STERLING. I think I'm going hoarse.......

Fire Fighter 43
11-14-2011, 05:04 PM
It looks like you got a few nice relics, congrats on a good hunt.