PDA

View Full Version : LOWERED LAKE HUNT * SILVER & GOLD!

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-12-2011, 04:13 PM
In town they lowered lake with a private swimming area to repair the dam.
I contacted the owner & he said nope! I called the town hall & inquired about the high water mark & property line etc.The town owns the lake.
I talked with the mayor and he said there was gonna be a meeting Thurs about the repair work & the owner of the private club beach was gonna be present and he would talk to him.I told the mayor tell the owner I would bring a trash bag and discard any broken glass,bottles etc(which i did get almost a full bag of broken glass,soda cans,hubcaps,etc)
Mayor called back thursday night and said You got the green light Dave!
I worked half a day then headed over to the mucky lake.
my batteries were dead in camera when I got there so I apologize for no site pics thought for sure I'd find more here but wasn't a bad day.
some gold,3 silver rosies5 wheaties,2 junk rings,1 victorian- 1920's sterling ring with a green glass stone,a old lead soldier and $5.20 in clad

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-12-2011, 04:13 PM
last pic

RaZR
11-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Nice group of finds Heavy. I can imagine it would be great to find a public area that they dropped the water level at.
Great silver haul and lotsa cool stuff.

GL/HH

del
11-12-2011, 06:27 PM
my batteries were dead in camera when I got there so I apologize for no site pics

thats ok... this time Dave :rolleyes:
besides you probably saved us megabytes worth of forum space :poke: :poke: :teasing: lol lol thanks :grin:

hey the ring is a very cool looking piece :smitten: :smitten: i say go get the rest of the goods , i bet its not that deep in the water now :frozen: thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-12-2011, 06:41 PM
thats ok... this time Dave :rolleyes:
besides you probably saved us megabytes worth of forum space :poke: :poke: :teasing: lol lol thanks :grin:

hey the ring is a very cool looking piece :smitten: :smitten: i say go get the rest of the goods , i bet its not that deep in the water now :frozen: thumbsup01

i waded 2 steps into the water at different spots and sunk right up to my knees in muck.kinda scared me.5 feet up from water's edge is ankle deep muck.and it just gets more hairy the closer ya get to water.wish it was all sand i woulda been waist deep out there

SeabeeRon
11-13-2011, 05:31 PM
I think it was one of your lowered lake or drained pond threads years ago is how I became aware of you and your remarkable find!! Keep it up buddy!

Ill Digger
11-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Persistence pays off! :yes: thumbsup01 Way to go after that spot and get permission Dave! :clapping:
And it payed off! Even better! lol
I like the Victorian sterling ring! She's a cutie! :smitten:
Question. Are both of the earrings gold? And are those little pieces of a broken gold ring in between them (above the star)? :confused: :dontknow:
It might even be worth a return trip! thumbsup01
Nice finds Dave!
Congrats ! :grin:

396nova
11-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Nice finds. thumbsup01 That Tarn-X does a good job. :clapping: I think a return hunt is in order. Nice post, and good luck if you return. :cheering:

Shipwreck
11-16-2011, 06:37 AM
thumbsup01 WtG Nice Hunt thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
11-17-2011, 11:43 PM
A very nice hunt . I especially like the old ring also . |:cheering:

CODY
11-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Thats some great finds. I really like the ring. WTG |:cheering: Congrats and HH

Jason in Enid
11-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Both gold and silver, that's an awesome hunt! Congrats.