PDA

View Full Version : Ring is phony !!

Cheap Thrills
11-13-2011, 01:18 PM
So I'm showing my latest gold ring find to my Son and he says, you're not going to believe what I found yesterday . He had eyeball found one at his work (what are the odds?) . :shocked03: They are plated copper!! As you can see the ring I found is now starting to lose it's plating also . Oh well , It was a a fun find anyway. :groovy:

RaZR
11-13-2011, 02:59 PM
I'll trade you a 24 fake 14k chain for that ring. rofl
Or if you'd like i have a beautiful gold ring with 5 princess cut diamonds on it.
The gold color is flaking off in a few spots.
First you :happydance01: then you :girlcry:
Oh well! The big one will come to you one of these days.

GL/HH

tanacat
11-13-2011, 03:41 PM
BUMMER!!! >:/ >{ >:# >:{

That is pretty wild about him finding one too...

aloldstuff
11-14-2011, 11:32 AM
This is not good news, I expect to hear only good news on this forum. Really sorry to hear of the plating, that hunk of real 18kt is just waiting for you.

firstring
11-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Well it does get your heart a thumpimg faster when you see the glint of gold in the dirt. We've all done it a time or two dozen. I've been fooled by coins, rings braceletts. At least one thing about it, you know you are going to recover jewelry every now and again. Sooner or later it will be the real thing. I don't see too many rings posted, gold, silver, platinum or the French kind called phonay. Still a good recovery. Happy hunting.

Fire Fighter 43
11-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Maybe next time, but it is still a nice looking ring for the display case.