PDA

View Full Version : 1st Official E-Trac Hunt - Silver At Depth

CyberSage
11-13-2011, 07:25 PM
I have been using the Whites V3 for almost 3 years now, and I am sure I will continue to use it successfully in the future, but this last week I made the investment in a new Minelab E-Trac. I am afraid my curiosity got the best of me, and I had to see for myself what all hoopla was about concerning the E-Trac. I took a few quick trips down to the local park by my house to start learning the new machine. To my surprise both hunts produced Silver and Wheats. The detector was very easy to use, and felt comfortable to me right from the start. I was looking forward to Saturday when I could venture out for a real hunt.
Just 15 minutes into my Saturday hunt I had pulled 2 Wheats, then I received a hit that sang out out and repeated itself at all angles. It sounded great! I glanced at the depth indicator on The E-trac, and to my disbelief it was at the bottom of the scale (11 to 12). I found this hard to believe! I marked the spot, and started to dig. As I got deeper the Garret Pro-Pointer confirmed I was close. I then got very excited, as I realized the depth indicator was right on. Please forgive my over enthusiasm in the video, but this was DEEP coin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=M2onk17N-Rk#

A Picture is worth a thousand words...

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/CyberSageBH3300/DeepMercSite.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/CyberSageBH3300/Measure-2.jpg

This was a truly deep one. What I can't get over is how clearly it sounded off, and presented itself. The pin-pointer was angled slightly downward in the photo, so my best estimate is that the actual depth was just over 11 inches. Simply amazing to me considering I am a total newbie to the E-Trac. Here is a picture of the finds for the hunt.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/CyberSageBH3300/Group3rd.jpg

Along with the Mercury Dime I found 10 Wheats and a Colorado tax token from the 1930's. I am very pleased with the results so far, and excited that I have added a valuable tool to the arsenal in my pursuit of the past, and the wonderful treasures that accompany it.

Jack

hockeyguy
11-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Awesome find Jack....I'm, with you. At 11 and she's singing a nice loud tune, no wonder everyone with those eTrac's finds the goods! Congrats. Now get out there and redo some of those parks and grassy strips.

Aaron

Epi-hunter
11-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Hey Jack.... GREAT deep silver find! You are as much in tune with the E-Trac as with the v3i.

That is one deep hole :shocked04:stretcher: :yes:

LEROY
11-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Jack

Awesome job with the e-trac. I've been thinking about getting one. Do u think it's a better machine than the V3i?

randy
11-13-2011, 08:09 PM
The E-Trac is magic. :smitten: :smitten: Welcome to the dark side :beerbuddy:

jkress
11-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Excellent video Jack. :clapping:
Great job hearing that deep Mercury. She was really down there.
I'm really looking forward to what you are going to find in future hunts with your new buddy. :->

SeabeeRon
11-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Always love :smitten: your posts Jack!!

RaZR
11-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Three hunts, three rides home (or walks) with silver! I knew you would be impressed with the E. I love the fact that mine finds those little silver discs so deep in the ground. 28 of my 34 silver coins were found this year with the E-trac.
Last year i got zero silver coins with the DFX. And only 5 with the V3i this year. I've only had the E-trac for a couple months. And i love it!!!!! You're gonna love it too! You're off to a GREAT start.

GL/HHwE

Spike
11-13-2011, 09:00 PM
Congrats on the E-trac and the deep silver thumbsup01 Glad to hear someone say that its a simple detector I think it is a no fuss detector and you are going to continue to be impressed :perfect10:

CODY
11-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Great finds. Were you using the default coin setting or had you tweaked it. I don't know, if I can find 26 silvers in six months with this cheap F4, what in the world could I do with an e=trac? Congrats on the finds.

Cheap Thrills
11-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Much deeper and you would have heard people speaking in Chinese !! lol Great going Jack !! :clapping: Awesome that your first silver with it was a beautiful Merc . I know you're loving that fine machine . :loveit: I see some more fantastic posts coming up . :perfect10: |:cheering: :yes:

Ytcoinshooter
11-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Glad you reported in great detail. That is truly impressive. Thanks!

dave in iowa
11-14-2011, 01:00 AM
Excellent video Jack. :clapping:
Great job hearing that deep Mercury. She was really down there.
I'm really looking forward to what you are going to find in future hunts with your new buddy. :->

Ill bet you get one next year Joe .....lol

z118
11-14-2011, 07:22 AM
Nice digs. I've got to be doing something wrong with my Etrac because I don't think I've ever gotten anything dime sized at 11. Thanks for the post!

Lowjiber
11-14-2011, 07:25 AM
Great report, Jack. thumbsup01

Sounds like you have a new best friend. Is that BFF? :rolleyes:

Shipwreck
11-14-2011, 07:41 AM
:groovy: WtG Congrats on the cool hunt :peace:

CyberSage
11-14-2011, 11:16 AM
I appreciate all the kind words and engorgement. It was really fun getting a deep coin right off the bat. My main focus will be on working the trashy, and deep iron areas of the parks. I have my work cut out for me, but it is a labor of love. I really enjoy learning a new detector.

Jack

Awesome job with the e-trac. I've been thinking about getting one. Do u think it's a better machine than the V3i?

Leroy,
I am still using the V3. I have not upgraded to the V3i yet, but To answer your question, it is far to early for me to do a comparison. I will however share my thoughts on this topic in the future in great detail when I become more familiar with the E-Trac.

Great finds. Were you using the default coin setting or had you tweaked it. I don't know, if I can find 26 silvers in six months with this cheap F4, what in the world could I do with an e=trac? Congrats on the finds.

Cody,
I was using Angel's mode settings and pattern. I was using channel 2 with a few modifications to the Volume Gain. The volume adjustments were made to enhance the Grey Ghost headphones I use.

Thanks again for cheering me on as I embark on my E-Trac adventure!

Jack

aloldstuff
11-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Jack, very nice hunting with your new machine. Are you thinking that all of your old spots now have become new spots:huh:thinkingabout: Congrats on the very nice recoveries.

Ill Digger
11-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Please forgive my over enthusiasm in the video, but this was DEEP coin!
\:hammer: No need to explain Jack! lol
I don't remember where I read it. But I read somewhere once that If you don't like digging deep holes, then don't buy a E-Trac. lol
Now you can see why! lol That Merc was down there! :yes: thumbsup01
Nice pull ! :clapping:
Congrats ! :grin:

LEROY
11-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Thank for the reply Jack. I understand it's a bit early and I look forward to hearing your opinion. I think I should start reading up on how to run an e-trac

Thanks Leroy

Fire Fighter 43
11-14-2011, 05:00 PM
WTG!! On the deep one. WARNING you will find yourself not wanting to put the Etrac down, too bad for the V3.