PDA

View Full Version : Al says I have to post!

RobW
11-14-2011, 11:08 AM
I was a extremely regular contributor, but work has changes the past few months and I have not had time to be active on the board (I don't have a computer at home, that way I don't work there). bUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN i HAVEN'T BEEN GETTING OUT, AS i DO EVERY WEEKEND WITH aL AND SOMETIMES tIM TOO.

So on Saturday Al and I went out. I haven't scored silver coins in awhile. I told him the area we were going. We hit an old school and another park area across...nothing, just some clad. The we moved down the street to where they had built a new school right next to a house that was built in 1760 (all the houses in the area have plaques on them stating when they were built). clad, clad, clad, Al's silver ring, clad, clad. I moved closer to the house skirting the property line. Got a nice hit. Pulled the plug, as I sat it on the ground, it fell into 2 pieces, and laying right there was BIG silver :shocked03:, a 1905 S Barber Half <:. Other than that, nothing else came out of the ground at that location >{

Next we moved to a house built in 1845 that Al had done awhile back. It was a small yard, but we managed some keepers. I scored several wheats, an 1939 Jefferson, and a 1941 Washington Quearter happydance02

We drove around a bit, pulled into another house, my turn to ask permission, it was a later home probably 1890's....owner basically said No in not so many words...so we moved on.

We were driving by a house (BIG old house, but in sad shape), and my gut said to pull in. So I quickly yanked the car into the drive and told Al, Your turn. So he reluctantly got out, talked to the guy in the drive, who then pointed him in the direction of his dad, they were cleaning up the debris from the storm. Al, who has the gift of sales, managed yet another Yes So we began working it.

I got a deep signal, but it was a wacky one, very iffy. I dug my plug, but it was still in there. I dug deeper.....then my hear jumped, seated liberty dime :peace:, I checked my plug...another signal...another seated liberty dime <:...then I was thinking...maybe I should't tell Al...he's goin ta kill me :hammer: I really beagn working that yard hard, very slow, digging practically every tone. I managed several more wheats, I got one hit, solid 12-42, right depth, thinking wheat....open the hole, there's the wheat, put it in my pocket, cover the whole, and there in the loose dirt from the hole is a 1957 roosie staring back at me:happydance01:

I also found a very large token. Going to try to do some research on...R.F. Armstrong, Men's outfitters, Northampton, Mass, Good for fifty cent rebate for a purchase of $10.99 or more.

I wasn't able to make it out with the guys on Sunday morning >:#

aloldstuff
11-14-2011, 11:13 AM
:omg: WTG Rob, that's a hunt to be proud of. Glad I was there to see the excitement you were able to exhibit ( not that you are known for that). You got yourself some really nice keepers and I am really glad that you posted this, now I don't have to have everybody PM you asking where the post is. :perfect10: :perfect10:

CODY
11-14-2011, 02:42 PM
:wow: Thats some great finds. Love those Barbers. Congrats :perfect10:

del
11-14-2011, 03:08 PM
i see your photography skills have improved Rob :poke: :poke: :grin: seriously though Rob thats a great day out and i'm sure it must of been that much sweeter to do it all in front of Al. lol lol
would love to see a good close up of the seated's and barber half :smitten: :smitten: congrats again Rob and i'm glad Al made you check in . thumbsup01

Dan

Viking
11-14-2011, 03:09 PM
Your perseverance paid off handsomely! Incredible finds! :perfect10:

bob_e99
11-14-2011, 03:56 PM
:wow:

Those are some spectacular finds! :envious:

Very, very nice. Congrats on a super hunt.

:perfect10:

RobW
11-14-2011, 04:00 PM
I have done some checking....
I have found that R.F. Armstrong was around in the early 1900's; in 1905 was a suscriber to a railroad trade magazine and in 1907 advertised in the UMASS yearbook...pretty cool token

And Dan, it's not that my ability to take photo's has improved, I just got a new phone after accidently throwing my last one away at McD's. >:#

Fire Fighter 43
11-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Nice digs!!

Cheap Thrills
11-14-2011, 06:01 PM
:wow:Congratulations on some outstanding finds . :perfect10: |:cheering:

Snapolson
11-14-2011, 06:13 PM
Simply amazing!! :clapping:

li tom
11-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Wow,what a day you had!One of those Seateds or that half would have me a happy boy.WTG!

milco
11-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Wow, congrats on the double seated spill and barber half!

MinelabIowa
11-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Wow banner finds . NICE JOB!!!

angellionel
11-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Beautiful finds, Rob! I can just imagine the excitement at pulling those coins out of the ground. :yes:

RobW
11-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Beautiful finds, Rob! I can just imagine the excitement at pulling those coins out of the ground. :yes:

The dancing was happening..... :happydance01: happydance02 <:..... lol

jkress
11-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Al is right. <: Definitely post these beauties. :clapping:
Seateds, big Barbers, silver and a nice token. That's some happy hunting right there.
A big congrats to you Rob.

tanacat
11-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Wow there's some nice silvers- 2 seated & Barber half! :wow: That token is great too :clapping: CONGRATS!!!

Epi-hunter
11-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Wow, great keepers! Congratulations on those excellent finds! :perfect10: