PDA

View Full Version : 30 Minute hunt produces keepers.

CODY
11-15-2011, 07:54 AM
Hi folks
Yesterday afternoon I had about thirty minutes to kill before going to work. There is a school here that sits on a large piece of property. At one time, early 1900's there was another school that sat on this property that was torn down. Havent figured out exactly where it was at yet. But on the back side of this property are two hugh oak trees. They are so close together they have grown together at the base. I have been eyeing these trees for some time. Today seeing I had only 30 minutes, I decided I would make one pass around the trees. Swinging the coil as close to the trees as I could get, and then out as far as I could go. I made one trip around the trees and this is what I kept. 2 mem. pennies, a plated ring, a jack, a 1924 Merc, and a 1957-D Rosie. The two Silvers make # 27 & 28 since May. I threw away a few pieces of junk. This tells me that people at one time were here. I will be back! Thanks for looking and HH.

aloldstuff
11-15-2011, 08:10 AM
I'd definatley would go back. Not bad for a one pass hunt. Congrats on the silvers

Viking
11-15-2011, 09:42 AM
That's what I call a good 30 minutes! :yes: I desperately want an old tree story of my own. You read about them so much on this site, and I gravitate to every old tree I find when I'm on a hunt, and I have nothing interesting to show for it. It's bizarre. I'll keep trying them though!

I always thought it would be fun to identify the 50 biggest trees in your area, and detect in a 10 foot radius around each of them. You'd have to find some goodies/oldies, depending on the age/use of the site. Never have made that effort though...

Great finds Cody! :peace:

Cheap Thrills
11-15-2011, 10:14 AM
<:Looks like you found a great new spot !! |:cheering:

RobW
11-15-2011, 11:39 AM
That's going to be a GREAT spot, definatly worth spending some time at! :yes:

Ill Digger
11-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Oh yeah! :yes: People have been there for sure! :yes: thumbsup01
I'd be spending some more time with Mr. Big'ol tree if it were me! lol
Nice finds! :drool:
Congrats :grin:

bob_e99
11-15-2011, 05:28 PM
I like those short hunts and it always amazes me how they sometimes produce more good finds than long hunts. Congrats on the silver.

:clapping: :cheering: :clapping:

Mudder
11-16-2011, 09:23 PM
<: Nice silver finds, the Merc is well used, but still a very nice keeper. Congrats! :cheering: :peace: :peace:

angellionel
11-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Some nice finds there. Very productive short hunt for sure. :yes:

randy
11-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Nice silver, there's more at that site for sure.