PDA

View Full Version : New: American Detectorist Home Page

Epi-hunter
02-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Hi everyone,

The American Detectorist home page is now live. Please check it out: http://www.americandetectorist.com

The home page features members' finds, as well as articles written by members and other useful information related to metal detecting. We are still adding content to the page, and will be adding new articles periodically. Angel will add new featured member finds to the page on a regular basis as well.

There is a link to the forum from the home page, but you can also access the forum directly using the following address: http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum

Enjoy, and HH!

The American Detectorist Team

del
02-07-2010, 02:27 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: :shocked04: yaaahhhoooo , i've been on the edge of my seat waiting for sometime now Angie . you two deserve a great hand for putting this together , Angel my hats off to ya for the hard work and dedication you have labored to complete the homepage in record time . you both get the extremely rare and almost never seen five thumbs up from me anyways thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 . Great job.

Epi-hunter
02-07-2010, 02:35 PM
lol Thanks Dan... Angel did the vast majority of the work. He did a great job :) It is a relief to get it finally up!

angellionel
02-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Thanks Dan! It was a team effort. thumbsup01 I'm glad we got it done before the detecting season picks up. :shocked04:stretcher:

We will continue to add content, but it is a good start. :)

Angie did a terrific job putting much of the content together, as did the rest of the team with the articles and tutorials. thumbsup01

Stang1968
02-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Nice landing page guys. I like it. I recognized angellionel's 2009 Silver pile right away :)

Snowy
02-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Beautiful! Easy on the eyes, inviting to read. I LOVE it! All that hard work is paying off.
Congratulations, guys! (and the link was a pleasant surprise! nice gesture... thanks you guys.... you're the best!)

randy
02-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Yes, very nice clean look.

PS, I've written a newbie article on how to use Google Earth image overlay and old aerial photos. I do this alot and find the technique kinda cool and useful. You are welcome to adapt it to member articles if you want:

http://www.mapsurfer.com/blog/df-io.html

(or not, consider it a donation to the site if you find it worthwhile, and if you do, please copy the images off my server onto yours, as they ding me for bandwidth if it goes too high).

angellionel
02-07-2010, 05:14 PM

PS, I've written a newbie article on how to use Google Earth image overlay and old aerial photos. I do this alot and find the technique kinda cool and useful. You are welcome to adapt it to member articles if you want:

(or not, consider it a donation to the site if you find it worthwhile, and if you do, please copy the images off my server onto yours, as they ding me for bandwidth if it goes too high).

Thanks, Randy! I took a look at that page and it is very useful information. I'll see if I can adapt the information as an article. If so, the photos would be hosted from our site. :)

Thanks again, Randy!

xzlr8n
02-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Great job to all those who put work in on this Home Page!! Really looks great and is loaded with useful info. I've found the American Detectorist to be loaded with experienced and knowledgeable metal detectorist who are more than willing to share what they know and find. Hats off to you all and I'm proud to be here with you as a member, this should prove to be the best metal detecting forum on the WEB!!!

sectshun8
02-08-2010, 01:32 AM
Awesome, really diggin it rofl Ba-dum, ting ;)

thumbsup01

RickO
02-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Wow... Just logged in and seen the new home page for the first time... OUTSTANDING!! Very nice indeed... thanks for all the work that went into it. Really nice. RickO

SeabeeRon
02-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Awesome job guys, this site just keeps getting better!!

angellionel
02-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks everyone! We tried to keep it as simple and as uncluttered as possible, while still providing helpful information. :)

Jason in Enid
02-10-2010, 09:25 AM
IT looks great. good job!

Epi-hunter
02-10-2010, 05:59 PM

Thank you randy, it is a great article! It is now live on our home page :) We appreciate the contribution!

coinnut
02-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Seems like it would be really nice to try. I bet it would be great with old maps. Get to it Del rofl :poke: :poke:

del
02-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Seems like it would be really nice to try. I bet it would be great with old maps. Get to it Del rofl :poke: :poke:

i get it , i get it George :rolleyes: :bop:

honestly Coinnut your subtlety almost rivals your illiteracy on the computer lol :poke:rofl

coinnut
02-10-2010, 09:17 PM
honestly Coinnut your subtlety almost rivals your illiteracy on the computer lol :poke:rofl

yea, like right :-\ ummmm what does that mean rofl ;)