PDA

View Full Version : Today's hunt

RaZR
11-15-2011, 04:09 PM
Beautiful weather said go out hunting (coins not deer). So back to the park where i found two mercs a couple days ago. No silver for me today though. Got an olympic gold medal ( lol ) a clump of lead some spikes from track shoes ( i assume) a screw and a bunch of clad. Also seven wheat pennies oldest 1939. And a 1943 Canadian penny.

Here's a pic......

aloldstuff
11-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Well 7 wheats plus an Olympic Gold Medal is a good hunt. With that many wheats one would guess that more silver is lurking around there somewhere. Congrats

bob_e99
11-15-2011, 05:26 PM
The olympic medal is really interesting as are all those spikes. I also agree about the wheat as a sign that there should hopefully be silver. Keep hunting the site and good luck.

|:cheering:

Ill Digger
11-15-2011, 05:50 PM
:thinkingabout: Hmmm. Let me guess. You were hunting near a track! :dontknow: lol 8/
I like the medal! Does it say what even it's from on the rear? i.e. long jump. 100yrd. dash,1 mile?
Anything like that? Some do. I just thought I'd ask. :dontknow: lol
And yeah! Wheere there's wheats there could be/ should be some silver lurking abouts too thumbsup01
Nice finds!
Congrats :grin:

jkress
11-15-2011, 11:27 PM
Nice bunch of finds. Especially the clad haul. :clapping:
Congrats.

RaZR
11-16-2011, 09:40 AM
I like the medal! Does it say what even it's from on the rear? i.e. long jump. 100yrd. dash,1 mile?

Aparently it's from a new event called China! lol
I'm sure it was a running event but it doesn't say.
And there isn't a track anywhere near where i found the medal and spikes. :dontknow:

Mudder
11-16-2011, 09:05 PM
:crazy: Well, sort of looks like somebody dropped their running gear bag and spilled everything. Most of the spikes look un-used, but no matter, it still took some serious hunting to find that many. Wheaties are a good indication that silver should be found, but you also have to look at the local economy. Not many folks in my part of the country had a lot of silver coins, but did carry a lot of copper. Great hunting by the way, and congrats on some great finds. :clapping: :clapping: