PDA

View Full Version : steelie today + silver

randy
11-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Pulled my first steelie today :twirlingeyes: I've always wanted one of these, to fill a hole in my dug wheatie album and dug type coin album. Boy it is an ugly coin :-\, but a fun one to dig just the same.

It was fused onto the merc -- where you can see the iron stains. It came out as one disk, and I had to separate them. It is amazing with that ferrous target right on top of the merc, the E-Trac could still hear the sweet sound of silver. One of the things that makes it magic. It bounced between a CO 0f 37 and 48; I thought I had a zincoln on top of a silver quarter. After I got the steelie and the merc out, there was also another wheatie in the hole, so that was probably playing with the signal as well.

Also pulled a '64 Q early in the hunt happydance02 Also pulled my first clad cycle, where I got a modern penny, nickel, dime, Q, half, and dollar in the same hunt. We notice the weirdest things. :crazy:

Yesterday I pulled one silver from 2 different sites :happydance01:; the first was a short hunt at a new, small site I saw by chance on the aerial photos while I was scouting a different site where I was to meet a newbie for a lunch hunt, a site I didn't expect to find silver, so I was lucky to hit that new site and get a silver before meeting up with him, as I was pretty sure the lunch hunt would otherwise end quite a long silver streak, so I kept that alive.

The '18 merc was pulled late in the day at a site near where I had an appointment; this site had been very very good to me in the past, and its where I got my 100th silver last year, but I figured it was played, but it was such a nice day, I figured it would give up just one more, and it did. :cool:

396nova
11-15-2011, 08:26 PM
As usual, great find. thumbsup01 Nice 64 Washington, I keep getting the 65 Washington`s >:{ >:\

Tony Two-Cent
11-15-2011, 08:51 PM
Very interesting hunt, Randy! You really found some unusual coins; steel cent, Susan B. Anthony, Kennedy half, great finds!

Of course congrats on the silver too! thumbsup01

jkress
11-16-2011, 12:33 AM
Can't say I've ever heard of a 'clad cycle'. :shocked04: Quite the nice assortment of coins Randy.
And of course... one of your posts wouldn't be complete without some nice silver too. :clapping:
Great hunt and congrats on the steelie. thumbsup01

CODY
11-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Good finds, Congrats! :perfect10:

aloldstuff
11-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Randy, noticed that the silver count topped 400, super congrats on that accompishment. Some very nice hunting and the clad cycle is a new one on me, now I have to be aware of that also.

Mudder
11-16-2011, 09:14 PM
|:cheering:Great silver, and I think I found that same penny! :clapping: :clapping:

RobW
11-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Those are some great finds, some odd ones that you never get like the steel wheat and a Susan B....great silver scores too :clapping:

Epi-hunter
11-22-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm so far behind in reading this section of the forum I don't even know where to start :shocked04:

Grats on the great finds. As usual! |:cheering: