PDA

View Full Version : Trashy Hunt Yields My Best Buffalo Yet

milco
11-15-2011, 11:30 PM
It was a very nice warm fall day today, sunny and high 50's...unbelievable! I was able to get out and take advantage of it. I had high hopes for this park, but it obviously has been hit very hard. It is a rural small town park that has existed since the town was platted in 1856. I only had two hi conductive tones/signals the whole hunt and those were the two pieces of copper trash. I found my very best Buffalo nickel so far, a 1919S, right at the base of a large tree at only 1 inch down. This coin saved the hunt as the only other coins found were six zincolns, three of which were on the surface together. Thanks for lookin!

jkress
11-16-2011, 12:39 AM
Awesome looking place D. :clapping: I love those old center of town small parks. :smitten: They've been my favorite ones so far this year.
Great score on the Buffalo. It's in pretty good shape too. Plus... the Red Book says it's a good one to find. :peace:
It was a nice day here too. But sadly no detecting for me. crying01
Best of luck in the next two weeks. Not much time left after that for us. :frozen:

CODY
11-16-2011, 08:00 AM
Great Buff, I like the old skelleton key too! Thanks for sharing.

aloldstuff
11-16-2011, 08:12 AM
Great recovery on the buff. I also really like the smal town parks.

Mudder
11-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Great old Buff, and I see a couple of keepers in the pile. Glad to see someone else digs up all the pull tabs. I really like digging up the old keys, and you have a very nice one. Great looking site, looks like a joy to hunt. Congratulations. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: