PDA

View Full Version : My finds for the past few days

Dixie Rebel
11-16-2011, 08:44 PM
I have been looking at this house down the road from me. Just never stopped to ask if I could hunt it. Well the other day temptation got the better of me and I stopped to see. Seen this lady out in the pecan orchard picking up pecans and ask if I could detect her yard. She said no problem just so you do not dig any big holes. I said mam you will never know I was even here. She began to tell me about the history of the place and when it was built. It was built in 1889 by a doctor and changed hands during the years to a plantation owner. The yard also still has the old commissary store and a few tenant houses. I am thinking this is a virgin spot no one that I am aware owns a detector around here. It sits on about 25 acres and I have not even detected all of the front yard yet. She told me if you find any old bottles while your digging let me know I said no problem. The house was moved back from the road in the 30s because it sat to close. This is where i found most of the coins mostly wheat's. I knew there had to be silver because of all the old Wheaties I was digging. the oldest is 1914 and the Rosie I dug was a 1947. Along with the Wheaties I dug a watch old lock a piece of lead two buffalo's and some sort of valve. The weather turned nasty with rain and the temperature dropping and I called it quits. There is so much iron in the ground that the Etrac would null for 20 feet or more. Will run T.T.F. when I go over the area using Bills park pattern file. You can bet I will be going back. When I found the Rosie a nail was sitting right on top and the Etrac seen right through it. Also have you all noticed whenever you dig a coin a grub-worm is mostly always in there? H.H.

Mudder
11-16-2011, 08:56 PM
:grin: :grin: DH, you hunt just like me, and I'm terrible about taking pictures of my finds also. You just find better stuff than I do. The lock looks very old, and you have some really nice looking coins. Looks like you have a good spot, just keep hunting it. Phil :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Dixie Rebel
11-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks I took them with my camera phone.

Spike
11-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Nice first hunt at this site just wait till you clear some of the junk out and the goodies become clear thumbsup01

aloldstuff
11-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Oh that site has more goodies waiting for your return. Congrats on finally asking permission to hunt there. The lock looks really cool, I like finding those. Congrats on the silver and a pile of wheats.

angellionel
11-17-2011, 06:24 PM
That is a good pile of coins the site yielded. Definitely worth a few more hunts. :yes:

RaZR
11-17-2011, 10:54 PM
That's a lot of sweet finds! You have found a place that is gonna give you some great stuff. Keep swinging there!

Also have you all noticed whenever you dig a coin a grub-worm is mostly always in there? Well, you do get hungry hunting all day! :barf:

leslie(nova scotia)
11-18-2011, 12:46 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....now if every spot was that productive it would be nice. Enjoyed the prolouge and photos! <;)

Ill Digger
11-18-2011, 01:00 AM
Also have you all noticed whenever you dig a coin a grub-worm is mostly always in there? H.H.
:confused: Sometimes :yes: :thinkingabout: Sometimes only half of one. :huh: lol

Oh yeah :yes: This place has only started to show it's true potential! :yes: thumbsup01
Good finds already! :yes:
Congrats :grin: