PDA

View Full Version : American Detectorist 2nd Anniversary Contest!

Tony Two-Cent
11-17-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm just posting this here in case some of you never venture into the Forum Contests section. More entries are needed for the contest. This should be a no brainer, folks! We have over 1,000 members here now, yet only 18 people have entered the contest so far. It is extremely easy to enter, your odds of winning are good, and more prizes are going to be added!

Please don't post entries on this thread! Post your entries in the contest entries thread here:

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=7529.0

To enter, all you have to do is post your most memorable hunt or experience since joining American Detectorist. Prizes will be raffled off to everyone who qualifies and enters. Everyone who enters and qualifies will have an equal chance of winning.

Prizes:

1st place: Choice of: Sun-Ray X-1 or DX-1 (or other compatible) in-line probe, or $150 in cash

2nd place: Choice of: Garrett Pro Pointer, or $100 cash

There will also be numerous other prizes, including silver coins and some American Detectorist T-shirts or similar. This will depend on the number of entries and will be detailed later.

This contest is not about the best find(s). What you choose to post could be your best hunt in terms of finds, or it could be significant for any other reason. Or, it could just be something important you learned or an Ah-Ha moment that you had when detecting, or someone or something that positively influenced you in that way. It does not have to be a finds-based post, but it can be.

The only rules are:

1) Do not copy-and-paste another post from this site or another site. Just re-write it enough to be original, if that is the case.

2) Please make it a decent quality post (those not deemed so will be disqualified). It doesn't have to be long.

3) New members are welcome to enter, but they must be deemed to be active members of this site at the time of the prize awards.

4) If there are not at least 20 entries, then the contest will be cancelled.

I hope that many more of you enter the contest! It doesn't have to be a mind-blowing find, just a hunt or experience that is memorable to you for any reason. These are some fantastic prizes, show your appreciation for this site by taking a few minutes to enter!

Don't be shy! thumbsup01

RaZR
11-17-2011, 10:37 PM
So even if you haven't found a seated coin you can still enter?

Just :poke: !

Tony Two-Cent
11-18-2011, 06:51 AM
So even if you haven't found a seated coin you can still enter?

Just :poke: !

lol lol lol

I'm just letting the suspense build up before I find my first seated, that way it will be more exciting! :twirlingeyes:

Tony Two-Cent
11-20-2011, 07:19 AM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb174/dubbl-t/Smilies/bumpit.gif

RaZR
11-20-2011, 11:59 AM
What's the bump for?
rofl

Tony Two-Cent
11-20-2011, 08:47 PM
What's the bump for?
rofl

Just bumping this thread back to the top of the page. I want to make sure everyone knows about the contest and has a chance to enter.

RaZR
11-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Soooooo you're saying this post will move it back to the top?
Kool!

RaZR
11-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Soooooo you're saying this post will move it back to the top?
Kool!

Did i say that?

jkress
11-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Did i say that?

:confused: I think so. lol

Getting down to the wire folks. Deadline is Wednesday, November 30, at 10pm eastern time.

RaZR
11-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Going UP ^

RaZR
11-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Only a few days left! Get your entry in. NOW

RaZR
11-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Ends 10:00 PM tomorrow. Get cracking!!!!

del
11-29-2011, 05:42 PM
yes , theres not alot of time to get those stories in and theres some great prizes to give out :yes: . so you don't have to be a William Shakespeare or Ernest Hemmingway :thinkingabout: , just re-tell that special find you had out detecting while being a member of this forum is all :grin:.

Dan

Epi-hunter
11-30-2011, 08:37 PM
This contest was originally scheduled to end tonight at 10PM.

I'm going to extend it until this Saturday evening, December 3rd, at 10pm. At that time I will draw for prize winners.

I will also add a few more prizes here in the next day or so. Still time to enter :) Very good odds to win!

Toadman
12-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Just now seeing this.. way cool thing to do !! Thinkin....thinkin.... :dontknow: :thinkingabout: :eyebrow:

JTGOLD
12-01-2011, 06:17 PM
very nice contest Epi, looks to be some real nice prizes too. |:cheering: