PDA

View Full Version : Short Afternoon Hunt

Bell-Two
11-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Went out with Diane to our local town, I had gotten permission on 4 small sites to hunt. Two of them were very old but tiny and the ground had been moved around so much over the years there was nothing there. Another site seemed better got a bunch of clad an a set of 10 copper discs all with the number 1 on them which at one time been joined together with a piece of wire, discs are about quarter size. Any help on what these might be would be appreciated. Last site gave up more clad but again large areas were just fill dirt. Diane did make a good find a sterling silver Brinks Safety Pin and a bus token, I found a old compact made by Richard Hudnut, Three Flowers Line, and amazingly the mirror inside was intact and the rouge still had some color along with the pad complete.

aloldstuff
11-18-2011, 09:17 AM
You just don't know about sites. Very nice sterling Brink's pin and token though. I have found several old compacts but the mmirror has always been broken.

RaZR
11-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Cool pin! Neat token too.
The disks look like they may be brass. We had something similar in autoshop class
in high school. You got a set of numbered tags issued to you and you had to give a tag for each tool you got from the tool crib. So they knew who to charge from the tool if it never returned. Could be something like that.

GL/HH

CODY
11-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Great Brinks pin. :yes: and bus token. Disc are very interesting. I agree with RaZR. Great finds. Congrats and HH.

tanacat
11-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Cool finds!!! :happydance01: Love the pin, token of Diane's and your compact is the same one I found last year. Were you surprised to see Richard Hudnut Three Flowers sooooo small on the side?