PDA

View Full Version : silver yesterday and today

randy
11-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Yesterday pulled a pair of silvers as well as a silver ring. This is a sort of a grind it out site, its huge, and if you put in the time, you will get the goods in small doses. I like being here -- its a pleasant site, and the locals are friendly. But I've yet to find a mega hot zone at this site. Most of the silvers I've found here are really deep, or affected. If you look closely at the rosie, you may see ferrous stains. The reverse is totally ferrous stained. That is sort of what you are dealing with here.

Today was back to the 1890s site in the same town that I can only take in small doses. I did get a merc fairly quickly (to keep my silver streak alive, now at 35 hunting days; that SDoS is coming; just hold it off for one more day lol), and quite a few wheats, but more silver was elusive. This site beguiles me; I know more barber and maybe seated silver is here, but outside one barber Q, its been tough. (I'd love to bring Angel here and watch that stuff fly out of the ground like clad).

After taking my wife out to lunch in this town, I hunted sidewalk strips for a couple of hours in the cold but pleasant afternoon sun, and while I found a few nice old wheaties, nothing shiny was given up. HH everyone.

jkress
11-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Another couple of productive hunts Randy. :clapping: I can't imagine you have to endure too many SDoS. :)
Keep at that one park. I'm sure you are only a hole or two away from a Seated or Barber. thumbsup01
Congrats.

SeabeeRon
11-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Nice Randy! Like you said, you gotta put in the time to get the SILVER!!

RaZR
11-18-2011, 07:53 PM
I would be happy with a half dozen hunts without a silverless drive. And although Angel is probably a very nice person, i hope he stays away from MY hunting grounds. rofl

You're doing a fantastic job or vacuuming the silver outta the places you hunt. I'm hoping to raise my total next year by slowing down. But it's hard not to go fast trying to get that high pitched sound to show up. :smitten:

Keep on doing what you're doing and show the pictures!

HH

skribnodsister
11-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Sweet silver Randy! :peace: Congrats

Epi-hunter
11-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Another great couple of hunts Randy |:cheering: If I had to bet on whether you will have to endure the dreaded SDoS anytime soon, I would definitely say no. thumbsup01

aloldstuff
11-19-2011, 07:33 AM
No SDoS here. Congrats on some more silvers, very productive hunts