PDA

View Full Version : Got a barber dime from the bean field

skribnodsister
11-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Went back to the bean field monday and squeaked out a 1907o barber dime and more of those baby bullets, then today after work hunt at the two houses i've been hunting (doing the real trashy areas now) I got a pocket knife, some decorative hook thing, a 1946 silver quarter and some thingamajiggy (the one pictured with the quarter). Hope to get out this weekend probably have to hit a park cause its opening weekend for deer hunting. Thanks for looking :grin: and Happy Hunting Everyone! Donna

Epi-hunter
11-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Great job as usual Donna!

Love the barber and the Washington quarter. I also really like that decorative whatever-it-is. thumbsup01

jkress
11-18-2011, 10:41 PM
Wow... that bean field has really produced some nice keepers. :clapping:
There's got to be some more goodies for you there.
The unknown item is a great piece. I really hope we get an ID for it. :->
Kind of looks like an elaborate watch fob. :dontknow:
Congrats on the silver. Love that Barber. :smitten:

dave in iowa
11-18-2011, 10:45 PM
I think that is a watch fob .. great hunt

randy
11-19-2011, 07:01 AM
Sweet silver happydance02 Seems like they are planting silver instead of beans in that field.

CODY
11-19-2011, 07:26 AM
Those are some GREAT finds, Love those Barbers. Congrats and more HH.

aloldstuff
11-19-2011, 07:35 AM
Really appreciate you posting that Barber, I just love them. Very nice hunting and how bad is the hunting season down where you are? Congrats on all tthe finds

RaZR
11-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Nice barber from the beans. And nice save on the Washington quarter.
I need to hit the bean field across the road i guess. :thinkingabout:

GL/HH

skribnodsister
11-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind comments. Who knew their would be more than beans in them there fields. Jr and I are gonna hit a couple older parks tomorrow (staying out of the fields cause of deer season here) Did post on id finds to see if anyone knows for sure what that thingamajiggy is. Thanks and HH :peace:

Tony Two-Cent
11-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Congrats on the Barber Dime! It's always a thrill to find one!

I'm not sure about the thingamajiggy. The ribbon slot almost looks too wide for it to be a fob, but I'm certainly no expert. Very interesting find, whatever it is!

Shipwreck
11-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Hum Beans know that is a tasty hunt lol |:cheering:
Congrats On The Barber thumbsup01