PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a watch fob or some part of a medal?

skribnodsister
11-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Any one have a clue to what this is? Found this at the two houses I've been hunting-thinking maybe a watch fob or part of a medal? It is a little heavy and doesn't stick to a magnet( if that matters) Thanks Donna

del
11-19-2011, 08:43 PM
hello skribnodsister , it almost looks like part of a false two piece buckle similar to this one ... can you make any detail of a design or motif out on the front

skribnodsister
11-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Hi Del, wow the top part looks identical but i don't think their is any thing in the middle-tried to get a close up picture of the middle. Thanks

del
11-19-2011, 09:33 PM
thanks Donna , thats a much better picture . the middle front has a discoloration cause by something brazed ( its like soldered) to it , it had another piece of metal (either just a decorative or military design) brazed on the front . is the loop or ear a pretty strong one or does it seem kinda flimsy or easily bendable :huh:

Dan

skribnodsister
11-19-2011, 09:51 PM
Hi Del, the loop is pretty strong you can't bend it and it seems to be a heavier metal if that helps. Thanks

del
11-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Hi Del, the loop is pretty strong you can't bend it and it seems to be a heavier metal if that helps. Thanks

then i would say you have a real nice buckle :smitten: :smitten: there Donna that was not just for looks but functionality too. i hope you find the other two parts (front decorative piece and the other loop or ear side). it could date right around or earlier than the barber you found with it . congrats its a nice relic |:cheering:

skribnodsister
11-19-2011, 10:47 PM
Del, your awesome! you figured that out so fast. Thanks again for all your help!( I'll go see if i can find the other two pieces)

Tony Two-Cent
11-20-2011, 06:58 AM
How does he do it? |:confused:)

Good job, Dan! I am always amazed at your ability to identify relics! We are fortunate to have you here!

OxShoeDrew
11-21-2011, 07:38 PM
How does he do it? |:confused:)

Good job, Dan! I am always amazed at your ability to identify relics! We are fortunate to have you here!

Seconded.

skribnodsister
11-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Hi Dan, just wanted to let you know that i already had the other part (the loop or ear piece) I went through my little treasure box of finds and there it was. Looked back on posting and on oct. 6th posted the first piece on part 2 of two house hunt (tokens & Misc) Now I just have to see if i can find the decorative piece. Thanks again for all your help :smitten: Donna

del
11-22-2011, 07:49 PM
hey Donna your very welcome , i'm here to help . i would love to see the other piece here and with the first piece you posted both together .

pulltabsteve
11-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Dan IS the man!!! You are a historical relic! What I meant was relic historian. ;) 8/

skribnodsister
11-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Okay here are the pictures.

pulltabsteve
11-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Thats cool that you found both pieces on seperate days! :clapping:

mcdoogal
12-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Good job!!

del
12-08-2011, 03:35 AM
those are great pictures Donna , yeah i bet there was somekind of tab that was brazed on the back of the main piece to hold onto that other piece . wish you had the middle circular piece (it was probably a very thinly stamped piece of metal that had somekind of design (maybe a military motif) . its definately a cool buckle :smitten: :smitten:

skrapman
02-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Great find Donna, its a good thing you keep your old what is it items.It came in very handy.Great job del on spotting a buckle.My
guess would have been fob. |:cheering:

JTGOLD
02-15-2012, 07:45 PM
neat finds,wtg.