PDA

View Full Version : 1810 CLASSIC HEAD LC*REV WAR BUCKLE ? & BUTTONS

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Got out with gary(foundationhunter) for a bit today.we went back to a site that Gary nabbed a 1812 classic head and a 1820's excelsior button the last time we were there.
today I got a few buttons,a rivet type fastener with a train on it.a HUGE batwing type buckle, a small shield buckle & a 1810 classic head large cent.was a good day.ticks were plentiful & they still pop like popcorn when ya hold the Bic to em :cheesysmile:
5 am i was still not quite awake and forgot my camera.sorry no site pics 8/
Gary got 2 flat buttons Dan.I knew you were gonna ask so,I beat ya to the punch rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-19-2011, 06:12 PM
last 2 pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-19-2011, 06:52 PM
someone on another forum said the following about the large buckle
That Batwing Buckle is probably a British, or possibly French, Sword Cross Plate Buckle.

It is Revolutionary War Period.....nice!
Dan help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:
scinderscoop said Looks like the cross belt buckles from the book British Army in North America by May & Embleton

del
11-19-2011, 08:10 PM
congrats on the classic head large cent Dave :smitten: :smitten: the buckle looks like a good size baldric buckle (shoulder buckle) yes sometimes these shoulder buckles could hold a sword scabbard , its possible Dave but i couldn't tell you if it was French ,British , Spanish or made by smurfs lol lol but its a nice piece for sure |:cheering: |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
11-20-2011, 04:49 AM
Sweet relics and coin Dave. I just saw that a Eureka leather suspender appears in the 1897 Sears catalogue. |:cheering:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Sweet relics and coin Dave. I just saw that a Eureka leather suspender appears in the 1897 Sears catalogue. |:cheering:

thanks! this one has a patent date of 1871

Fire Fighter 43
11-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Nice relics and coin congrats a a good hunt.

CODY
11-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Great finds! :perfect10:

del
11-21-2011, 03:59 AM
someone on another forum said the following about the large buckle
That Batwing Buckle is probably a British, or possibly French, Sword Cross Plate Buckle.

It is Revolutionary War Period.....nice!
Dan help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:
scinderscoop said Looks like the cross belt buckles from the book British Army in North America by May & Embleton

hey Dave can you get them to show some evidence on the british using these buckles ?? i would love to confirm it .

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-21-2011, 07:08 AM
hey Dave can you get them to show some evidence on the british using these buckles ?? i would love to confirm it .

I sent a pic to don troiani,last time i wasnt too impressed with his reply on my usa button but,we shall see what the guru says :rolleyes:

aloldstuff
11-21-2011, 01:46 PM
HMN another great hunt. That is one huge batwing buckle. Hoping it is what you think it is. Congrats on the 1810 and all your other finds.