PDA

View Full Version : Youir neigborHOOD pharmacist......

hockeyguy
11-20-2011, 05:29 PM
might use this object. At 1st I had no idea what it was,however, a couple walking past the park started talking to me. (What a nice guy I am at dusk, taking the time to promote OUR hobby). Anyway I showed this to him and he put it together...it is an instrument for weighing things. Rang up as copper and was about 5 down. Saw it and hoped for gold, but i believe it is gold plated....just a guess.

My bet is that you meet with your professional in the park where he has an item of known weight, puts it on one side and hangs a baggie or envelope from the other side and adds the material until the scale balances out, then, presto your RX is filled! (Just make your copay) (ok I/m in the health insurance business but we all use copays)

This is the same park where I found the war of 1812 artilliary button. This handful constitutes about 4 hours of hunt time. Obviously, I am not the 1st one there based on the wheat/silver ratio. Actually, in the 3 years I have been there, this is only the 2nd silver I have brought to the surface, 1912 s barber dime.

A few additional injuns and I was SSSSSOOOOOO happy to have found a very deep silver....mabye 8-9/

HH

Aaron

RaZR
11-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Nice barber and I.H.'s. And now you can weigh your coin finds and add the weight to your posts. rofl

Never saw a scale like that one before. Looks like it hangs on a chain around your neck. Cool find!

GL/HH

Tony Two-Cent
11-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Congrats on the Barber Dime and Indian Heads! It looks like you had a great hunt! The scale is interesting, I have never seen one like it either. I don't want to guess what it was used for though. lol

jkress
11-20-2011, 09:13 PM
That was a nice deep hit on the Barber. :clapping: I bet it was fun seeing the silver disc show up after digging that far down.
Congrats on the IH's too. Great hunt.

CODY
11-21-2011, 07:55 AM
Nice Barber, IH's and weed scale!!!!!!!!! LOL

MinelabIowa
11-21-2011, 10:15 AM
Nice pile of coins there Hockeyguy!

aloldstuff
11-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Nice recoveries. Pile of wheats and some IHs = good hunt. I think that is the 1st scale I have seen posted.

Epi-hunter
11-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Nice silver and IH's!!! Cool scale too |:cheering: