PDA

View Full Version : IH - Wheats - Musketball

aloldstuff
11-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Got out with RobW today and we went back to the town that was so good to Rob last weekend. We hit a park and got nothing but clad, Rob got himself a little ring. We then went to the home of a person that Rob knew, nothing there and I mean nothing. We decided to do some door knocking and I managed to secure us permision to hit a field that had recently been plowed under. The only thing that was recovered there was the musketball. Alright time to move on, we spot this house for sale and it has a placard on it reading 1700. Rob pulls into the driveway and gets us permision to hunt. This owner was so thrilled that we were there because he always wondered what was in the ground. We could keep anything we found but if we found something really good all he asked for was to be able to take a picture of it. Sorry to say he did not get to take any pictures. I managed 3 wheats, 1909 (second one this year), 1919, 1942 and a 1907 IH. The IH is not in bad shape, I can read LIBERTY.

Thanks for reading and keep digging.

RaZR
11-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Nice I.H. Should clean up pretty good! And some old wheats too. Looks like you two had a good time. Hitting all those places. :yes:

GL/HH

Tony Two-Cent
11-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Nice Indian Head, Al! It's always fun to find a 1909 wheat cent too!

Neat finds!

jkress
11-20-2011, 09:10 PM
That's a nice looking IH Al. :smitten: I just love finding them.
Congrats on the musket ball and early wheat cents too.
Glad to hear the two of you got out for some hunting.

RobW
11-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Nice I.H. Should clean up pretty good! And some old wheats too. Looks like you two had a good time. Hitting all those places. :yes:

GL/HH

rofl...it is cleaned up! You should have seen it before.

Al skunked me this weekend...I only managed 3 wheats, not even worth posting crying01

But the funny thing is...Al can't see to save his life...we went into a convienience store and Al said, I have the 4 cents. He pulled out his dug change, called me over to the counter and asked that I make sure he doesn't had the guy anything good.... rofl...the clerk in his Indian accent asked what is wrong with these pennies? to which Al responded, nothing, they were just in the dirt.... rofl...guess you had to be there

Epi-hunter
11-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Cool finds, sounds like a great hunt! Still waiting to find a musket ball. congrats!!!

randy
11-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Congrats on the IH. And musket balls are fun finds as well.

Shipwreck
11-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Cool WtG

Ytcoinshooter
11-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Good, ya follow your gut and something turns up. Persistence pays off and I'd have enjoyed digging keepers like those. Showed up at work instead <}
HH!

Ill Digger
11-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Nice hunt!
I found my first musket ball last week! :cool:
Don't ya just love that special green color to those old IHs! :smitten:
She's a nice one! :drool:
Congrats :grin:

pulltabsteve
11-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Banging on doors is where its at! Some nice finds and I'm sure you had FUN. That's what its all about. :yes:

CyberSage
11-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Great hunt Al! Ya got to love them Indians. Keep digg'in those 1909 Wheats, and your bound to score big. Thanks for sharing your hunt.

Jack

Fire Fighter 43
11-24-2011, 08:20 AM
Very cool musket bal congrats on a good hunt.

Mudder
11-24-2011, 09:56 PM
:shocked04: I see a very nice IH, not a thing wrong with that. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: