PDA

View Full Version : Picnic Grove hunt

jkress
11-20-2011, 11:01 PM
Met with Ill Digger and Ted to hunt the picnic grove ridge I tried two weeks ago.

The only coins I managed today were some Wheat cents and a Buffalo.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-194.jpg

Also found some picnic related items... a spoon, compact case and bottle opener.

It was a fun time detecting on the ridge but while hunting I couldn't help but smell all of the silver coins down in the
main picnic area. lol This coming spring will be very fun down there.

In hindsight, I should have known better than to expect to find silver with Captain Coin Spill (Ill Digger) in the area. lol rofl :yes:
But it was fun getting out with both of them again. :yes:

Ill Digger
11-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Ted and I would like to thank you again for the invite Joe! |:confused:)
136 miles one way and we can't wait to do it again!....After the grass is cut or the snow has smashed it all winter of course! lol :yes:
We made some good find for just the small area we did hunt :yes: Just wait till the main area is huntable! :drool:
Nice finds!
Congrats! :grin:

In hindsight, I should have known better than to expect to find silver with Captain Coin Spill (Ill Digger) in the area. lol rofl :yes:
:dontknow: Whata mean? Captain Coin Spill? :dontknow:........... :confused:.................Oh you mean! 8/...... :blush: Oh yeah that. :angelic: :grin:

hockeyguy
11-20-2011, 11:52 PM
Me thinks that will be a highly productive spot based on the photos and story.

randy
11-21-2011, 05:50 AM
Nice buff. Can't wait to see what you pull from that site next year :->

Tony Two-Cent
11-21-2011, 07:03 AM
Somebody needs to invent a metal detector that has a built-in weed eater. lol

It looks like that site holds incredible potential, Joe. If you guys are finding old coins in that tall grass, imagine what it will be like when the conditions are better!

CODY
11-21-2011, 07:50 AM
Great finds, can't wait to see what else comes out of this area.

MinelabIowa
11-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Anytime you pull up coins it is a productive hunt, Congrats! I am curious what you will find in the spring once the grass and weeds are down? Hunting virgin sites like that,, I would dig every signal. There might be a gold coin or ring hiding somewhere there? Great job Joe!

aloldstuff
11-21-2011, 11:56 AM
I really like what Tony suggested, a built in weed wacker. I am really looking forward to the posts once you can get to the main picinic grove. I think you are going to have a ball. Congrats on getting what you could under the circumstances

RaZR
11-21-2011, 06:24 PM
And in the late fall it needs a leaf blower attachment on it!
Nice finds so far. I like finding those buffs!

GL/HH

milco
11-21-2011, 11:40 PM
Nice finds! Can't wait to see what you pull out of there in the spring!

Shipwreck
11-21-2011, 11:56 PM
thumbsup01 Wtg thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
11-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Nice finds, I still love finding buffs |:cheering: That site has some serious potential for this spring, especially that tree where the Capt found his Coinspill |:cheering:

pulltabsteve
11-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Wheats and a Buff still make for a happy hunt :clapping: Glad you 3 had FUN thumbsup01

Fire Fighter 43
11-24-2011, 08:22 AM
WTG on being a great host and sharing your new found site. Congrats on a few nice keepers.

Mudder
11-24-2011, 09:55 PM
:beerbuddy: A good hunt with friends would be worth it even if you only pulled clad. Good hunting. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: