PDA

View Full Version : V3i Books

My4Kiwis
11-21-2011, 04:16 AM
Hi All,

I've been out of touch for quite some time. We've been going through the process of adopting to little girls from China with medical needs. I've also stated another job...this time in Afghanistan instead of Iraq.

Since I've got some down time I was wondering if anyone has written a book dedicated to the V3i. I might as well learn as much as I can while I can...

Cheers,
4Kiwis

CyberSage
11-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Hey 4Kiwis!
I don't know of any books written for the V3i as of yet. Congratulations on your adoptions.

aloldstuff
11-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Hey 4Kiwis!
I don't know of any books written for the V3i as of yet. Congratulations on your adoptions.

What about the Book by Jack

CyberSage
11-21-2011, 05:02 PM
There are a couple of collections of tips and information on the V3/V3i floating around. Lowjiber is the keeper for the &quot:beerbuddy:ook of Jack as he calls it. ;) He will send you a copy if you leave him a message.

Another good collection by EarthManSurfer can be found here...

(it takes about 60 seconds to load)

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0Yof4QTY_z8NjVhOTc0ZTEtMDZhYy00NzgzLWJiM jEtM2Q2OTNiZjc2NDJi

MartinL
11-21-2011, 05:24 PM
EarthManSurfer has also put together some very good, IMO, videos on setup with the V3i. Very commendable. martin

earthmansurfer
11-22-2011, 11:36 AM
You beat me to the post Jack! I read it last night on my Ipad, then I turned on my computer to write a reply, but you were already here. eheheh

Thanks for the nice comments guys, but I again have to put credit where it is due - The mods and expert posters who posts I collected. As I have said before, I was just the secretary! ehehe

4Kiwis, I think you will have fun reading the posts.(I actually just got jacks &quot:beerbuddy:ook too, and am looking forward to it.) Reading the organized posts really helped me to understand the machine - topic by topic. I read it everyday on the street car to and from work. As Martin said, I do think the video is good and not to toot my horn. It basically goes over in detail setting the machine up. Just about everything in it was taken from reading what the mods and experts said on the boards, again, not really all my work there for sure.

Enjoy and be safe,
Albert

How to Set Up the White's V3i (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MykHQ7wob0s#)

My4Kiwis
11-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the tips!!! I have the Book of Jack already and am really looking forward to looking over the info from Earthman Surfer!

Cheers, and Happy Thanksgiving
4Kiwis

My4Kiwis
11-27-2011, 05:03 AM
I just watched the above video...great stuff. Thanks for taking the time to shoot and post it.

TC-NM
12-07-2011, 04:07 PM
I don't remember where I read or heard this from. Don't hold me to it, but rumor has it that, Jeff Foster maybe working on something.

TC-NM

My4Kiwis
12-09-2011, 07:26 AM
That would be great news.

tanacat
12-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Thank you for sharing this info! Great instructional video thumbsup01

I'm also looking forward to another book on V3i, in addition to Jack's of course :)

freemindstuck
01-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Seriously someone ought to write up a book on the v3i. I'd bet there would be some money in it for them. I'm not saying the v3i is the best detector in the world but it probably is the most complicated detector in the world to operate right now and I'd bet almost every v3i owner would buy one. I'd try to write one myself but it'd be a bit limited since we only have sweet soil in the midwest :detecting: where I detect and I don't really have the money or time to travel all over and learn how to make it work in other soil types.