PDA

View Full Version : I might as well re-introduce myself

My4Kiwis
11-21-2011, 04:35 AM
Hi Again...

I've been gone so long I thought I should re-introduce myself.

I am retired USAF living in Colorado Springs, CO. My handle is My4Kiwis because I am married to a Kiwi from the South Island of New Zealand. We went back to NZ to have all 3 of our kids. So now I have 4 Kiwis. I am fairly new to detecting. About a year ago I stumbled onto a V3i as my first detector. Needless to say my learning curve has been dang near verticle. I don't get to hunt as often as I like due to my family and my work...(I was a contract pilot in Iraq...and now Afghanistan) But when I do get to hunt I have a ball!! My finds have been limited to mostly clad with some occasional jewlery thrown in.

I've been away due to the new job transition and and the fact we are deep in the process of adopting two little girls from China with medical needs.

Now that I've gotten settled here in Kabul I wanted to get back into my Metal Detecting education through this website and whatever other material I can find.

Good to see all of the familiar faces again.

Cheers For Now,
My4Kiwis aka JD

aloldstuff
11-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Welcome from western MA. I also use the V3i, great machine with alot of settings that you can change. I hope that you can find the big one over there.

396nova
11-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Welcome from SE Wisconsin. Interesting biography. thumbsup01 This is a great place to get back into detecting. The members share their detecting skills, and post some excellant finds. Good luck in your detecting. :clapping:

OxShoeDrew
11-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Good luck with your adoption....it sounds exciting! Best of luck with your hunts and look forward to posts. You are in Kabul now but family is in CO? Welcome back from the nutmeg state. |:cheering:

del
11-22-2011, 03:28 PM
welcome back to the forum , please becareful out there in the middle east :yes:

Epi-hunter
11-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Welcome to the forum (again)! That is a very interesting bio. Good luck on your adoption; that is really great :happydance01: Glad you found us |:cheering:

jkress
11-23-2011, 12:34 AM
Welcome back My4Kiwis. Hopefully you'll find some time to swing the coil. :yes:
Thank you for your years of service. :) |:confused:)

Tony Two-Cent
11-23-2011, 06:44 AM
Welcome (again!) to American Detectorist from central Illinois!

Glad to have you back!

My4Kiwis
11-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Thanks again for all of the warm welcomes.

Cheers,
4Kiwis

Fire Fighter 43
11-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Welcome from Wisconsin

CODY
11-26-2011, 07:30 AM
Welcome from Mississippi. Looking forward to your finds and post. Be safe my brother and watch your six.

My4Kiwis
11-27-2011, 12:36 AM
Thanks again for the welcomes...Cody, where in MS are you from. I used to be stationed in Columbus way back when. Loved it there...the hunting and fishing was awesome!

Jeff (or)
12-04-2011, 02:21 AM
Very cool, great to have you back!! :beerbuddy:

Ill Digger
12-07-2011, 01:52 AM
Hey JD! :groovy:
Good to see ya back! thumbsup01
I too would like to Thank You for the blanket you provide for us, here at home |:confused:)
I hope you get a chance to get out there and find some more treasures of your own thumbsup01
Welcome back to the forum.... from the cornfields of Illinois! :grin: :beerbuddy: