PDA

View Full Version : Slim Pickins today

Snapolson
11-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Hi all! Did a little hunting today with Dirt Lizard (From the Friendly Forum) and hit a couple of places this morning. First was a a small park by a lake in Wallingford which we soon realized was probably a newer park. We only picked up some clad coins. Then we went to a park in Bethany which used to be an old airport. It was very neat seeing the old hanger still standing there. A found a few pennies from the 1960's and only the one Wheat penny from 1941. After arriving home, I hit my backyard and found the Catholic medallion. It's from a local shrine in New Haven. I don't know about anyone else, but since finding my first silvers my hunts since have been pretty meager. :-\ I suppose it comes in waves. Good and bad. Ying and Yang. lol Happy Hunting!!

Dixie Rebel
11-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Those are nice finds and you brought something back.

CODY
11-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Nice finds. For the silver, locate the older parts of town, knock on the doors and ask. All they can say is no. I asked a gentleman here who owns a lot of property a while back. He said sure go ahead. So far I have found 8 silver coins, two buffalos, numerous wheats and a silver ring and two tokens. I went to see him today. I carried him a Mercury dime, a Rosie, a buffalo and 5 wheat penny's. He was so happy with just the fact that I was willing to share the finds that he put me on to some more property and refused to take the coins. I have found that you just have to ask, and offer to share. It will all come back to you.

Shipwreck
11-22-2011, 12:01 AM
thumbsup01good one

aloldstuff
11-22-2011, 08:01 AM
glad you able to get out and do some hunting. You're right it all comes in streaks, trust me I know about that.

Epi-hunter
11-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Cool photos and finds. |:cheering: Yes, it's hard to find silver (especially that first few silvers) and then have a few hunts without :yes: It makes you appreciate it when it happens next time though :yes:

Fire Fighter 43
11-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Keep swinging the silver will eventually find the bottom of your coil.

OxShoeDrew
11-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Abe, Bethany Airport was rumored to be the second oldest airport in NE after Boston. You may have seen this...
http://www.airfields-freeman.com/CT/Airfields_CT_W.htm#bethany
Interesting hunt...thanks.

DennisH
11-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Looks good to me. Man is that quarter beat up.

Mudder
11-24-2011, 09:36 PM
These are some good finds, better than my last hunt, spend a whole day hunting a school yard and only got seven and change and all clad :crying02:. The coins may be a little beat up, but still keepers. Great hunting :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

jkress
11-24-2011, 09:58 PM
Yep... I have had plenty of these kinds of hunts. Once you see the shiny disc, you can't live without them. lol
I'm thinking worth another try sometime. :yes: Definitely some potential there.
Love the first picture. Very cool.