PDA

View Full Version : The hardest thing to do.

CODY
11-22-2011, 10:14 AM
After reading many post I have made an observation that I would like to coment on. It seems many members only hunt parks and other public property. I hunt these too with good results. But, I find hunting private property more productive and a lot quiter. Hence, the hardest thing to do, asking permission. Just thought I would tell you how I do it. I find the oldest parts of town. These older parts will be made up of a lot of rental property. These are generally owned by buisness people, lawyers, doctors etc. They wont just own one, they will own many. One lawyer I got permission from owned 14 rental houses. Then all you have to do is ask. Be honest, don't act nervous, and act excited. Proven fact, if your excited, others will be excited. Always offer to share your finds. Example. one gentleman I got permission from owns an insurance agency and a medical supply co. I have worked 3 of about 10 empty lots he owns. I went to see him the other day, taking him a mercury dime, a buffalo, and some wheat pennies. He was so pleased I was willing to share that he refused to take them, and put me on to two more properties. And don't forget, These people know each other. They will talk about you. You will find that when you go ask permission from someone, they may already know about you. The hardest thing, is to ask. But belive me, it gets easier and easier. As I have said before, all they can do is say no. HH

P.S.
This is IMHO, as I am very new to this sport.

aloldstuff
11-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Very good advise. Most privately owned property has never been hunted before. My 1st preference is plowed farm fields that are part of an old farm. My 2nd choice is provate property. In either one of the two examples I have gotten many silvers, LC's, IH's the list goes on. The only thing that can go wrong is that they say NO. Not a problem, move on over to another home. It's all a numbers game, the more people you ask the better your odds are of getting a YES.

CODY
12-01-2011, 12:31 PM
=