PDA

View Full Version : So long drought, Hello streak!

Viking
11-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Went back to the park where I pulled 4 silvers last Saturday for another go round. Ended up pulling two more silver dimes, a '41 Merc and a '61 Rosie, as well as one wheat (1940) and some sort of Asian coin. :happydance01: There is nothing on the coin in English besides the number 10. Any ideas what country it's from?

I'm not sure how I scratched the Merc. I thought it was laying face down on the bottom of the hole, so I put the digger well below the coin and popped the dirt, but the damage was already done. Oh well. :dontknow: I was trying to dig more questionable signals today, but it's tough going. I pulled a few rusted nails, and other times I had a pretty large hole on my hands and I never could track down the target. :white:usaflag:: Is there a worse feeling in our hobby? >:{

I'm going to head back there tomorrow morning to see if I can snag anymore goodies. We'll see if Lady Luck is on my side or not! Thanks for looking. HH! :beerbuddy:

[attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

jkress
11-23-2011, 10:05 PM
This is a nice streak you have going. :clapping:
Two silvers in a hunt keeps me happy.
I'm not a big fan of nicking coins either... but it happens. crying01
Congrats Viking. Keep it alive.

RaZR
11-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Double silver and a furrin coin too! Makes for a good days hunt. I don't know alot of the furrin coins and have only found one so far. (other than Canadian)
If more foreign coins were silver i would love to find them.

I scratched the Canadian dime i found today. But it was hidden between some large roots so i had to dig it out of a crevice.

GL/HH

CODY
11-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Very good hunt and some great finds.

pulltabsteve
11-24-2011, 05:00 AM
Nice silvers :yes: Could you post a clearer picture of that 10 coin?

skribnodsister
11-24-2011, 05:18 AM
Nice lot of coins. Congrats on the silver and I hope you get alot more goodies on your return visit to the park :peace:

Fire Fighter 43
11-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Nice hunt, now keep that streak alive.

aloldstuff
11-25-2011, 08:13 AM
We all scratch coins, I just try to take it a learning experience (my dad always said that it take a monkey 3 times to learn something) and I think I am pretty close to that figure. Congrats on your silver streak