PDA

View Full Version : turkey, yams, and an extra helping of silver

randy
11-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Yesterday got out to a new site that looked promising, and pulled a merc in the first 15 minutes :happydance01:, then it started to pour >:\ >:\ Took the time to scout other sites in the area, and found a couple that looked promising. Got back to the site for another hour and a half and dug enough deep clad and a couple of wheates to know the site could be a winner, but it was just too wet and muddy to be fun, so I tabled it.

Got out bright and early this morning, and hit one of the other sites, but just 2 clads in an hour and nothing deep; I decided to leave that site for another time.

Went back to yesterday's site -- good choice as I was able to pull 9 silvers in 4 hours <: That's definitely a honeyhole run rate, but the site is rather small, and I hit the best areas first, so I'm not sure there's much more there, but we'll definitely find out.

This is a dream site, the ground was sweet, so I was able to run the E-Trac at man 30, which is very rare around here, and I was hitting them deep. Not much trash, and not much ferrous trash, and only 4 wheats, which is an inverted ratio, which means to me its been hunted (wheats are a bit bigger and have the halo), just not with a really deep machine, so alot of the annoying surface clad and trash has been cleaned out.

Also the first extended hunt I ran on channel 6 on the E-Trac, its one of my 4 silver channels (the others being 2, 9, and 10 if you read my other post on the subject), but this is the first time 6 has been proven on a monster silver day, so add to the list of proven in the field go to channels.

Well, its off to Thanksgiving dinner, have a great holiday everyone :beerbuddy: and HH.

exsquid
11-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Nice pile-o-silver...WTG!!

CODY
11-24-2011, 04:04 PM
:wow: What else can I say! :perfect10: WTG thumbsup01

Merc
11-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Sure is a purrrty sight to see all that silver. Nice hunt!

Epi-hunter
11-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Great hunt (again!) Randy! I just love the piles of silver you produce every time you go out (no pressure!). :perfect10:

Hope you enjoyed the holiday. (I will personally pass on the yams -- don't like them -- and will take an extra extra helping of silver :drool: )

Mudder
11-24-2011, 09:31 PM
:shocked03: Now that is a nice pile of silver. Very nice hunting, and happy Thanksgiving. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

jkress
11-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Oh yes... definitely honey hole rate. <:
Nine silvers in 4 hours is incredible. Excellent job Randy. You know there is more waiting there for you.
I'd sure like to see you hit 500. :yes: Make it happen!
Congrats. Love the first shot... lots of character for a detectorist to appreciate.

aloldstuff
11-25-2011, 08:18 AM
And the silver count continues to rise. Great hunting Randy, there has got to be more waiting for you. I couldn't begin to tell you how a pile of silver like that would make me so excited, and you have multiple days of huge silver counts. Congrats

Fire Fighter 43
11-25-2011, 10:58 AM
WTG!! That is a nice pile of silver.

RaZR
11-25-2011, 02:53 PM
:omg: :wow: :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:
What else is there to say?

skribnodsister
11-25-2011, 08:53 PM
:wow: Holy smokes you did awesome digging up the silver-Huge Congrats :perfect10: :perfect10:

Tony Two-Cent
11-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Another incredible pile of silver for you, Randy! You are a silver finding machine!

Fantastic! :clapping:

Viking
11-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Dang! Does it get any better than that? Congrats on working hard on finding the site, and then validating it! :perfect10:

I dug in a muddy site this week as well, and you're right- not particularly fun. Hopefully you can get back there soon and rescue some more beauties. happydance02