PDA

View Full Version : A FIRST FOR ME!!! WOO HOO! SEATED QUARTER!

sniffy
11-25-2011, 03:27 PM
So I haven't posted or even so much as looked at any forums for a month or so now...due to the freakish October snowfall that destroyed the trees here in Connecticut. I operate a log truck so my job has been full bore lately...not a lick of time to detect. However, Thanksgiving has gifted me with a 4 day weekend....I had a nice little 4 hour window today so I decided to fire up the old prizm and hit the ground sniffin. I went to an old foundation that really hasn't produced anything to write about but I decided that I better give her another shot....the ground has been very moist lately so alot of the deeper targets give off surface signals. Right off the bat I get a couple suspender buckles side by side....pretty cool. Iron in these conditions produce awesome signals so when I got a solid quarter/ half dollar signal I wasn't really phased. I just dug what seemed to be a couple tons of junk iron. I seriously almost gave up on this nice little quarter, my machine doesn't pinpoint anymore or give me depth...so it's tough. I actually covered my hole and was ready to walk away but still got that pesky quarter signal....I found rust in the hole so I figured it was just another piece of scrap....but to my suprise after pinpointing a bunch of junk, I seen BIG SILVER ON EDGE!!! WOOOO! I made a goal this year...SEATED QUARTER...and here she is, my first. I'm on cloud 9 now....I manage to get a nice thimble, a religous pendant, and a button before the day was up....also got this State of Massachusetts thing....funny that it was dug in Connecticut. lol......thanks for lookin folks!

aloldstuff
11-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Glad to hear that you finally got some time to yourself, and that you spent it wisely. WTG on that seated quarter. Please return all Massachesetts items to MA.
Congrats on a great find.

sniffy
11-25-2011, 04:36 PM
Glad to hear that you finally got some time to yourself, and that you spent it wisely. WTG on that seated quarter. Please return all Massachesetts items to MA.
Congrats on a great find.
Thanks! None of these items were dug in MA so... :teasing:

OxShoeDrew
11-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Sniffy, I gave up on a hole today just like you mentioned. When it got down to 8 inch and I saw some rust I filled it back in. It still rang quarter as I reluctantly walked away. I congratulate you on your determination and great find.
I hope you made lots of overtime with the storm. It had to be good for something.

fsa46
11-25-2011, 06:24 PM
Not only your first seated quarter but a beauty at that . :clapping:

pulltabsteve
11-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Congrats on your 1st!! :clapping: She sure is a beauty. Nice bunch of relics also :yes:

RaZR
11-25-2011, 07:29 PM
That's a gorgeous looking quarter you got there! And some cool relics too.
Great hunt! Glad you got out and saved her.

GL/HH

Ill Digger
11-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Nice hunt Jess! thumbsup01
I wonder if that's a license plate for a car or motorcycle or something like that :dontknow:
But you'd think there would be a year on it somewhere :confused: :dontknow: Either way ....it's cool!
But that seated quarter is way cool too.!! :envious: thumbsup01
Good thing you went back !! I've learned that a couple of times in the past too! :yes: |:confused:)
Thats knowing your machine :yes:........... and a little gut feeling as well! :yes: lol
Nice finds! :clapping:
Congrats :grin:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-25-2011, 08:20 PM
she's a beauty congrats Jess!

Ytcoinshooter
11-25-2011, 08:39 PM
That's a helluva nice haul. The seated two bit sure looks great.
Yeah that storm and the week+ without power was rough.

skribnodsister
11-25-2011, 09:07 PM
:omg: Huge Congrats on your first seated quarter-she sure is pretty :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10:

sniffy
11-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm still in awe of this beautiful silver!

Tony Two-Cent
11-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Congrats on the seated quarter! That's a gorgeous coin! I would be on cloud 9 too! :smitten:

randy
11-25-2011, 11:31 PM
Wow that's a beautiful seated quarter :omg: :perfect10: They certainly don't come up all that often. Again, big congrats.

jkress
11-25-2011, 11:39 PM
SCORE!! <:
Awesome dig Sniffy. :clapping: She is a gorgeous specimen. :smitten:
That is a coin that has managed to stay one step ahead of me so far.
A great big congratulations to you on that deep recovery... way to stay after it. :beerbuddy:

BOWSER
11-25-2011, 11:42 PM
i love all that stuff congrats

Fire Fighter 43
11-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Sweet quarter and it looks like it is in great shape.

del
11-27-2011, 06:51 PM
hey Jesse , glad your back with us . was wondering where you went off to. ;)
:wow: what a purdy coin :smitten: :smitten: very sweet quarter pal huge congrats |:confused:)

sniffy
11-27-2011, 08:30 PM
hey Jesse , glad your back with us . was wondering where you went off to. ;)
:wow: what a purdy coin :smitten: :smitten: very sweet quarter pal huge congrats |:confused:)
nahh, i'm still here....just been kinda dormant. Finding a nice coin like this sure was a sigh of relief. Have and George been hitting the cellar holes?

Civil War Nut
11-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Nice find S . I been looking for me one of them quarters .

milco
11-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Awesome hunt and glad you made it out, that quarter is very sweet! :clapping:

del
11-28-2011, 03:40 AM
Have and George been hitting the cellar holes?

George and i have been very limited in cellar detecting due to our continued volunteer work for the Pequot Indian Museum , Jesse. Thanks for asking ;)

wild willy
11-28-2011, 05:47 AM
awesome sniffster!! :wow: willy

sniffy
11-28-2011, 06:47 AM
Thanks for all the kind replies everyone.....

Toadman
11-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Geat coin for sure !! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

R.I.Terry
11-29-2011, 04:47 PM
congrats Sniffy on your first. the last 1875 quarter i dug actually wasn't a quarter at all. it was a sweet 1875s 20 center.