PDA

View Full Version : Winter Recon

Postman
02-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Was out today(my day off),as I usually do over the winter,looking for new prospective opportunities come Spring,and the rest of the year.Fall and Winter are great times with the foliage gone to see what lies behind all those leaves and scrub brush.Old stone walls,cellar holes,long forgotten roads tucked between saplings and trees,and a few old trails.Going to be a busy year for me MDing,only wish I didn,t have to work for a living.So many places,so little time,AARRRRRRRGG.Also have about a dozen places I have to return to fron 2009.

del
02-09-2010, 03:57 PM
wow i can certainly relate to that , this is the best time of the year to do it and i'll be doing more recon very soon as well Postman

coinnut
02-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Yep, looks like with the snow coming in tomorrow, we'll be doing some walking instead of detecting this Saturday :(

Ill Digger
02-09-2010, 05:22 PM
I've been studing some maps and things too in prep for the spring thaw.... if it will ever come >:\

miller6670
02-09-2010, 06:35 PM
I do the same thing, but usually I can get out and do some detecting also. The weather here in NC has been crap for a month or so.. :ticked:. I have a new detector and have yet to use it :bangahead01:....Oh well mabe next week...and to all you guys up north, no I'm not complaining... lol

Epi-hunter
02-13-2010, 08:51 PM
The weather has been terrible everywhere. Usually this is decent detecting weather right now in KY :( But the good news is, it should just be a couple more weeks thumbsup01

RickO
02-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Spring is just three weeks away... hope y'all mapped your spots in the woods for ease of location when the weather warms. RickO

hoser
03-05-2010, 07:35 PM
I too do winter recon. I go to the local ski hill and just sit and watch. I keep a mental track of the areas that the most mishaps happen and once the snow is gone I hit those areas first. Great thread. Thanks.

coinnut
03-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Spring is just three weeks away... hope y'all mapped your spots in the woods for ease of location when the weather warms. RickO

We were supposed to do all our walking and finding sites this winter, but it never really got bad enough weather wise. Only one weekend did we walk. lol But the one time we detected and it was 1 degree out was kinda iffy :-\ Now we are stuck for new sites :confused: