PDA

View Full Version : copper, silver, and bling today

randy
11-25-2011, 11:57 PM
Nice 60ish day here in Chester County PA today, which is rare post Thanksgiving, so I took the opportunity to see if yesterday's honeyhole would give up more goods. I expected 3 or 4 more silvers by my read of the site, but was pleasantly surprised to pull 11 more silver coins, as well as an 1844 large cent, a dateless buff, and a pair of silver blings. Unfortunately, one of the silver Q's got the short end of an encounter with a lawnmower, and the copper, like most around here, is pretty abused due to the acidic soil.

I like the three ring paradox ring -- I'd love to count it as three blings, but it came out of the ground as one, and that's how it has to be scored. At least its (they are?) silver :happydance01:. A big disappointment is the branded pendant at this youth-oriented site. :thinkingabout: I'm not gonna get too political, just present the find 'cause its what I dug and I think its interesting. HH everyone.

jkress
11-26-2011, 12:56 AM
Yep... honey hole for sure. :peace:

A Large Cent. <: :happydance01: :smitten: You found as many on this hunt as I have ever found. lol

Another nice day out there for you. The LC seems a bit out of date with this sampling. :confused:
Were you hunting a park? I love finding items that predate the site I am searching. :yes:

Congratulation Randy. You have reached master level.

p.s. Are you sure you didn't hit the '52 with your digger? :poke: lol

dave in iowa
11-26-2011, 01:01 AM
11 silvers great day thumbsup01

randy
11-26-2011, 06:52 AM
The LC seems a bit out of date with this sampling.

Its a late 40s site, but everything around here was built on top of old farm fields, so you get them from time to time so long as it hasn't been regraded. I think I've gotten 4 or 5 including a half cent from one 30s site I was working earlier this year. You get them, and even the Spanish reales once in a while from modern sites 'cause of this, but you never seem to get bust or seated silver for the same reason. Go figure :crazy: :confused: >{

CODY
11-26-2011, 07:06 AM
Great hunt, some really cool finds.

Tony Two-Cent
11-26-2011, 08:38 AM
Wow, you had another amazing day, Randy! Your ability to find silver is unsurpassed! I am in awe of your skills!

It looks like that 1952 quarter is in need of a couple smacks from a hammer on the garage floor, like I did to that bent up Barber dime I found. lol

That 1844 large cent is a fantastic bonus! I have only found two of them in all my years of hunting. Great find!

Congrats on another very successful hunt! :clapping:

RaZR
11-26-2011, 03:08 PM
:wow: :omg: :wow:
That quarter looks like crap! Just pack it up and send it to me. I'll get rid of it for you. :cheesysmile:

Way to go finding all that excellent silver + a L.C. and buff.
Ya know i find alot of alcohol related stuff at the kiddie parks where i hunt but i don't judge them to harshly. It's a tough world out there. rofl

GL/HH

z118
11-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Great digs Randy. I've dug both those rings myself, and I have to say the Cub Scout one is among my favorite finds. The silver coins don't hurt either... the day I dig that many in one hunt I will be a happy fella. Congrats!

Shipwreck
11-26-2011, 06:01 PM
:perfect10: WtG :perfect10:

aloldstuff
11-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Another double digit silver day :perfect10: |:cheering:. Wasn't the weather just great...hopefully it will continue. Huge congrats on another great hunt