PDA

View Full Version : Good News, Bad News

fsa46
11-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Well, the bad news is that I thought I was going to have to send my MXT Pro to the Sweet Home doctor because it was acting up. :thinkingabout: However , it turned out to be a short in my Sunray Pro Gold headphones. 8/ The wire is shorting out where it enters the 90 degree fitting. :hairpulling: I really like these headphones because I have a hearing problem and I have absolutely no problem while wearing the headphones. :smitten: I tried the headphones that came with my detector, although they will work as a back-up, they are really junk when compared to the Pro Golds. :thumbsdown:

I want to get another back-up pair and have heard good things about the Troy Pro headphones :yes:.....is anyone using them ( or know of anyone ) that can give me some input.

del
11-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Frank i can only comment on the gray ghosts headphones , 11 years now and my first pair still work well. sent you an e-mail with a link about them .
Dan

fsa46
11-27-2011, 06:00 AM
Frank i can only comment on the gray ghosts headphones , 11 years now and my first pair still work well. sent you an e-mail with a link about them .
Dan

Well Dan it's the story of my life, :hairpulling: can't wait, gotta do it now, hurry up. After I sent you the email, I thought you might have been out of town for the weekend and should have waited a day, and ordered a pair of Killer B Wasps on-line. After looking at the link you sent me I would have gone with the Gray Ghosts. Well if these go bad I'll give them a try...thanks for the email and reply.

fsa46
11-27-2011, 06:10 AM
I am really wondering now :thinkingabout: , I was on a pretty good roll, putting in a lot of hours and making some nice finds. Then, all of a sudden everything fell apart, now I have to go back to all the spots I hit after I realized I had a problem with my headphones just to see if I missed anything. >:{

It's bad enough missing finds when everything is in working order, but when a main component is only working half the time it amounts to a waste of time. :-\

Atokad
11-30-2011, 11:18 PM
Can you not get a replacement fitting and solder it on? You can get the ends that screw on also but the connection will not last as long as the soldered type. When you strip the jacket off the wire remember to take a lighter to the bare wire since it has a coating on it that will interfere with the connection.
You should look in to it. I know you ordered a new set but you could have a nice backup pair if you repair the ones you already have :)

fsa46
12-01-2011, 06:37 AM
It is still under warranty so it's been sent out for repair.