PDA

View Full Version : Garrets Repairs Exceeded My Expectations

MartinL
11-26-2011, 08:47 PM
I had a Pro Pointer which was about 14 months old which was giving me concerns that the tip sensitivity was weak. Well, I broke the rules(don't do this) and thought I'd save a trip to Garland, and I removed the guts to clean it. I had read that you could get sensitivity back with this effort, but beware of the switch as it was a bear if molested in withdrawal. Mine broke when I attempted re-insertion. Trust me, that gizmo was tricky getting it back together(hours of work) and then it wouldn't stay on without continually holding the button in. I fessed up with Garrets about my goof, admitting I voided the warranty. They assured me it was probably only gonn be 20-25 bucks if not a warranty repair. I took it down, left for an hour, came back to fint the PP looking brand new, a new case, a new switch, looked brand new...and it has never worked so well as I can remember. Kicker...it was covered without charge. martin

Jason in Enid
11-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Nice to hear some companies still understand customer service. :perfect10:

Spike
11-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Garrett has treated me way above and beyoned my expectations :perfect10: :perfect10: Now they need to finish out the At pro that I love with muli freq. and more detailed I.D then Whites and Minelab would have more competition then they would want thumbsup01