PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From Iowa

Hillster
11-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone. Post up some basic info as a new member. Found myself an inexpensive White Coin Master last year and fell hard into this very rewarding hobby. To date have found well over 1000 plus coins and assorted other treasures from my digging endeavors. Twice this year also took my detector to Tempe Az along with my portable gold sluice.
Age 54 and reside in Cedar Falls Iowa with a summer home located in Lake Delhi. Lake Delhi had a horrific dam breach last year whereas the adjoining dirt embankment breached after a historical breaking 14 inch rainfall. Needless to say the lake drained and left a small riparian waterway. I took advantage and combed the area and rewarded myself with many treasures incl interesting rocks and fossils. In my daily endeavors when on the road I always take the trusty coin master and hit areas outside of my normal vicinity.
In the process of writing a Treasure Handbook for my state and welcome any other hobbyist in in interesting discussion. Also founded and ran my states Inventors Group for 3 years so any ideas of value I would be open to offering advice and direction. Lastly, I joined this site/forum a happen chance encounter this past Saturday as I saw a metal detectorist in my town. Joe Kress from Dubuque, thanks Joe for link....Michael/ Hillster

Epi-hunter
11-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Hi Michael, from another Iowa native (born and raised, lived in eastern Iowa and Iowa City all my life). Also lived in Waverly for a few years in the late 1980's, so I spent plenty of time in Cedar Falls. Now in KY for the last 4 years but looking forward to moving home as soon as I can.

Sounds like you have a great history and interest in the hobby. Really looking forward to your posts. |:cheering: Welcome :)

Oh, and Joe is the best of the best. :yes: Glad you ran into him :)

Angie

jkress
11-28-2011, 03:35 AM
Hi Michael, glad you made it over here. :clapping:
It was nice meeting you on Saturday... loved your dog. :smitten:
I ended up with a few Mercury dimes after we talked. A good day all around.
Too bad about the loss on Saturday. crying01 Go Hawkeyes!!

aloldstuff
11-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Welcome Michael from western MA. Glad that you were able to meet up with Joe, definately an avid md'er. Looking forward to your posts.

randy
11-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Welcome from Chester County, PA.

Ill Digger
11-29-2011, 01:59 AM
Lastly, I joined this site/forum a happen chance encounter this past Saturday as I saw a metal detectorist in my town. Joe Kress from Dubuque, thanks Joe for link....Michael/ Hillster
Yep! Good'ol Joe! The best of the best! :yes: thumbsup01

You'll love this addiction hobby! lol :yes: I know I do! :drool: :crazy: lol
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :grin:

del
11-29-2011, 07:24 AM
hello and welcome to the forum Michael ;) ah Tempe Arizona , thats quite a college town there (go Sun-devils) seems like forever since i saw ASU :daydream:. anyways , glad you could join us and hope to see you make and post some great finds before the freeze.

Dan

396nova
11-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Welcome from SE Wisconsin. Glad Joe pointed you in our direction. Looking forward to your posts.

Fire Fighter 43
12-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Welcome from SE Wisconsin

OxShoeDrew
12-03-2011, 04:55 PM
I hope you enjoy it here and welcome from the nutmeg state. :groovy:

JTGOLD
12-03-2011, 07:25 PM
welcome to the forum from Illinois.