PDA

View Full Version : Most of November

z118
11-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Most of November has not been conducive to detecting. After one good weekend (which was my last post) work and life in general took over and detecting took a back seat. Sadly, this has meant missing several weekends of beautiful fall weather, but what can you do? So this post represents three weekends worth of digs. On two of those weekends I only managed short hunts here and there, but over the Thanksgiving break I got in some decent time detecting. Even three abbreviated weekends of digging adds up to a lot of targets, including all of the usual keys, foreign coins, tokens, trinkets, etc, plus a bunch of clad, a sterling cat, about a dozen wheats, two Mercs, a Buff, and a 1896 Indian head cent. There's lots of little stories in there, but they would make for a long winded post. The one Merc was found in a corroded bezel, I would guess it was cleaned and dropped within the past 10 years. The Indian head and the NHDVS button (thanks for the ID Del!) were both found in the middle of soccer field at a modern school that I had not hunted before, but I certainly will again. I'm not sure what the lead ball next to the button is... any chance it's a bullet?

Hopefully the season will continue for a while still... I feel like I need a few more keepers before the snow hits!

Happy hunting.

del
11-27-2011, 05:02 PM
looks like a pretty darn good month to me Z |:cheering: :clapping: |:cheering: the button is a sweet one and in nice shape too |:confused:)( your welcome for the i'd') and it does look like a musket ball :yes: some great stuff :smitten: :smitten: congrats

milco
11-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Congrats on getting out over the weekend and looks like you have some great finds!

Tony Two-Cent
11-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Holy moly, that's a lot of coins! :shocked04:

Wheats, two Mercs, Buffalo, Indian Head, those are some terrific finds! I would never expect to find an Indian Head in the middle of a soccer field at a modern school! Hopefully there is some more good stuff there!

Congrats on the successful hunting! :clapping:

Ill Digger
11-27-2011, 09:48 PM
Most of November has not been conducive to detecting. After one good weekend (which was my last post) work and life in general took over and detecting took a back seat. Sadly, this has meant missing several weekends of beautiful fall weather, but what can you do? So this post represents three weekends worth of digs.
:shocked01: Looks like you made good use of your time when you had some! :yes: lol
Holy moles is that alotta coins!! :shocked04:
I like the picture of the cut/ foreign/ melted lol coins!! thumbsup01
Nice haul!!
Congrats! :grin:

CODY
11-28-2011, 12:18 AM
Cool finds. thumbsup01

hockeyguy
11-28-2011, 01:27 AM
Nice digs z...that 1st pic is a work of art!

aloldstuff
11-28-2011, 09:31 AM
For having to shelve Md'ing and having only short hunts that sure is one huge pile of coinage. Congrats on the silvers.

DennisH
11-28-2011, 10:18 AM
For only a few short hunt you did GREAT. WTG