PDA

View Full Version : Fresh water lake Round Two

cdv
11-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Well, I just couldn't let it go without knowing if I would have found more if I would have had my chest waders. Wow, I'm glad I did it even though it was raining. My very first hit was a fits all junk ring and it didn't stop on my first pass at knee to thigh deep. That was the area just out of reach yesterday. I really wish I had a cam corder cause no one will believe how many targets I had and how frequent.... it must have been every 5 feet on that first pass. I got the normal junk, bobbie pins, hair thingys, sinkers and hooks along with fighting a target that turned out to be a 2' piece of 1/2 rebar! I had trouble working chest deep due to the cold water, I couldn't feel my hands so I had to stay waist deep and shallower. I spent a total of 6 hours in that swimming area and it was a good learning experience. When I thought I had it cleaned up, I went in different directions and came up with more stuff. About 4 hours into the hunt, I struggled with a target that turned out to be two targets close together and I almost didn't see them in the scoop. There under my gutter mesh, I saw a dime and something yellow around it.... turned out to be a small 14k diamond ring. A few feet past that I hit a huge Tungsten Carbide ring. Total ring count for the day was 5 which now is my best day, wish that Tungsten Carbide would have been Platinum or Gold!

Well, I'm sure there is more in there but the weather is going to probably stop any futher searching but I dare it to get up to the 40's this week, I'll be back to see if I can milk any more out of there.

HH all
Cliff

CODY
11-30-2011, 01:11 PM
:wow: GREAT finds :perfect10: A great hunt. Congrats and hope you find more. HH

Ill Digger
11-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Well, I'm sure there is more in there but the weather is going to probably stop any futher searching but I dare it to get up to the 40's this week
<} Thats right! >:/ I dare you! >:/ lol
Thats a sweet day of detecting!! Just the gold ring would've made it a day to remember!
But a class ring and a .925 also!?! Wow! :shocked04: Great day! :yes:
Sweet finds! :drool:
Congrats! :grin:

Shipwreck
11-30-2011, 09:15 PM
thumbsup01WtG thumbsup01

Fire Fighter 43
12-03-2011, 02:35 PM
WTG, some very good finds.