PDA

View Full Version : 1723 WOODS HIBERNIA COPPER & A CW ARTILLERY BUTTON

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Sniffy drove down & snatched me up and headed down to Rebel's neck of the woods.focused mainly on 3 sites.the 1st one gave up the CW Artillery button(young & smith co new york backmark) and was real trashy.snapped a picture of a tonka truck tree along the way never seen anything like this before in my life
next site gave up quite a few buttons , a 1723 woods hibernia copper & a silver 47 rosie.
3 rd site with all the myrtle was pretty trashy and with a lot of brass targets & modern trash there.
question...the button with missing face came out of the hibernia site.was wondering what kind of front this had? lead filled front or pewter?

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-27-2011, 06:57 PM
more pics

Civil War Nut
11-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Hidy Heavy . You so BAD . Ha . Keep it up , nice finds . I just love the woods pic. Thats where I was raised in places like that . Makes me thank of the river bottoms of home .

milco
11-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Fantastic finds! Congrats on the copper, button and everything else! Maybe a MDer lives at that house and found all those toys detecting!

Ill Digger
11-27-2011, 11:43 PM
snapped a picture of a tonka truck tree along the way never seen anything like this before in my life
Thanks for doin' that! :clapping: rofl Because I've never seen anything like it before either! rofl
As weird as it is.... :thinkingabout:......it's cool as heck! :cool: :peace:
Oh and along the the way you just happened to find another 1700's coin! :envious:...... >{ :embarrassed: lol
Dude! Your havin' another killer year!
Sweet finds!
Congrats :grin:

Of course I'm no help with the button. :dontknow:
So we'll just let Dan handle that one. lol :->

del
11-28-2011, 03:46 AM
Dave , thats a fine looking Hibernia ya got there :yes: :yes: and one of the most bazaar-ist looking trees i've seen with the tonka trucks :confused: :confused: lol lol . are you sure your button had a front in the first place ??

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-28-2011, 04:54 AM
Dave , thats a fine looking Hibernia ya got there :yes: :yes: and one of the most bazaar-ist looking trees i've seen with the tonka trucks :confused: :confused: lol lol . are you sure your button had a front in the first place ??

thanks Dan and yes i have found quite a few of these in the past.I'm pretty sure they were either lead or pewter filled.cuz 2 of them have traces of it still clinging to the button.i thought i saw something awhile back on tnet about these colonial buttons.did you guys get out this weekend? how did you do?

fsa46
11-28-2011, 05:36 AM
Another nice, rewarding hunt Dave. :yes:

wild willy
11-28-2011, 05:45 AM
nice woods dave! i remember what a thrill it was to find mine. willy

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-28-2011, 08:50 AM

here Dan this is what timekiller on tnet had to say and he posted pics of his so you can see what i mean.they are pre colonial
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=436761.msg3111797#msg3111797

also had this item IDed.it's very early as well.
Nice finds. The saddle pommel (to the left of the teapot in the next to last picture) looks really well preserved. This type generally dates to the 16th-17th century.
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/sh...ecords.php?product=2876&cat=all

my buttons below.see the white lead still clung to the one on left?

aloldstuff
11-28-2011, 11:01 AM
That copper count keeps climbing, congrats on a great hunt. Really love that tree

jkress
11-29-2011, 11:56 PM
1723! :shocked04: |:confused:) :smitten:
Just amazing HMN. The CW button is a beauty too.
Always interesting to click on your posts. :->
Well done sir.