PDA

View Full Version : i have computer question

BOWSER
11-29-2011, 09:59 PM
I have tried to watch movie trailers,i find that they don't run all the way thru, they stop reload, and stop.They take a long time to run. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks JIM

MartinL
12-03-2011, 12:18 PM
have you ran a speed test on your internet connection at these times? martin

Toadman
12-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Maybe dump your temp files, and cookies..? thumbsup01

Vito
12-03-2011, 05:44 PM
I have tried to watch movie trailers,i find that they don't run all the way thru, they stop reload, and stop.They take a long time to run. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks JIM

There are a lot of things in this game. Graphics-card, memory-size and speed, what CPU, and and and...

Firmware, BIOS, driver updates; what operating system, free disc-space , etc.; just to mention a few things.

Like Rick said, erasing temp files and cookies is a first step.

Season's Greetings, Vito

MartinL
12-03-2011, 06:11 PM
And many times, people have several AV programs colliding with each other, plus firewall(s), some with added resident real time filters to slow it down. One good AV with an active filter is enough. The provider usually gives a great firewall, so the windows firewall is a resource hog in itself. Bandwitdh and internet speed varies at some times of the day as well. It is what it is. Dropping the extra AV junk can do a lot of good things though. festus

Vito
12-04-2011, 01:05 PM
And many times, people have several AV programs colliding with each other, plus firewall(s), some with added resident real time filters to slow it down. One good AV with an active filter is enough. The provider usually gives a great firewall, so the windows firewall is a resource hog in itself. Bandwitdh and internet speed varies at some times of the day as well. It is what it is. Dropping the extra AV junk can do a lot of good things though. festus

How true, Martin. How true.

As you see, Jim, there are a lot of reasons.

Which one will you choose??

BOWSER
12-04-2011, 06:31 PM
well thanks anyway, I have a program called cc cleaner that i thought took care of that kinda stuff,just like detecting ,too many variables >:tongue: